1.6

Breanna's POV

"Don't you wanna go do something? Let's go to the mall!" Mallory pleads trying to get me out of the house.

I have been in bed for 3 days, I am too emotional to do anything. I was starting to fall for Calum, hard and fast. I mean I don't know if I love him but I do know my feelings are very, very strong. He knew how to cheer me up and make me laugh. I managed to break down the walls he built so high and made him happy, I know I did. I just don't understand why he had to go and ruin everything. Mallory refuses to tell me what they talked about but honestly I don't even care anymore. All I can think is that he said something so awful Mallory doesn't want to hurt my feelings by telling me.

"Not really. You go." I suggest while covering my face with a pillow.

"Bre, you know me well enough to know I am not leaving you here alone." She says while plopping down on her bed.

"Can I ask you something?" I mumble while picking at my nails.

"Shoot." Mallory says.

"Did he actually care about me? Or was this some stupid rebound?" I ask nervously.

"According to Ashton, you were all he ever talked about.. Even before you were together.." She says with a small smile. I nod my head and pick up my cellphone.

"Mallory.. Did your mom ever tell you when she was coming back?" I ask. 

"She emailed me.. She is staying with her boyfriend or fiance or whatever he is for a few weeks.." Mallory says with sadness evident in her voice.

"I'm sorry she isn't around much Mal.." I try to soothe her.

She nods her head, "It's fine.. It's not like she would want to spend time with me anyway." 

"Let's go to the mall." I say with a smile.

"Really? You're going to get up?" Mallory squeals. I nod my head and hop out of bed to get dressed. Luckily, I took a shower earlier today. I was starting to smell myself and I knew it had to be done.

-

"Bre.. The guys have a show tonight.. I think we should go.." Mallory says while we look around Forever 21.

"No, I can't see him yet. I might slap him." I say trying to laugh but I end up choking a little.

Mallory eyes me curiously but doesn't acknowledge it, "We can sit in the back.. Please."

"Why do you want to go so badly?" I say a little to harshly.

"I.. just uh.. think we should go.. Ashton wants me there.." She says while looking through the jeans and avoiding eye contact.

"Is there something you aren't telling me?" I ask. 

She shakes her head repeatedly, "No.. Not at all." 

"Mallory, I don't want to see him." I beg her not to make us go.

"If it gets to intense for you, tell me and I will drive us home." She says while picking out a new flannel and draping it over her arm.

"You swear?" I can't believe I am doing this.

"Cross my heart." She says with a wide smile.

"Fine."  

-

"Breanna! The show is in 20 minutes!" Mallory shouts while I'm walking down the stairs into her living room.

"I'm here." I groan.

"Lookin' good. I'm guessing this is so Calum can see what he's missing." Mallory says with a wink.