0.8

Calum's POV

"Thanks.. Look Calum I think we got off on the wrong foot.. Maybe we can talk sometime?" Breanna asks.

Shit. What do I say to this? I would love to sit down, talk to her and explain myself but I just can't. She would never understand why I am so scared to have any feelings for anyone. I have been in love once in my life and I knew it was a mistake the second I started falling for her. This isn't one of those times where I admit that I am in love with this girl and have been since the day we met at the airport.. I haven't let myself develop any sort of feelings for this girl, this beautiful girl with long brown hair and an amazing sense of humor. Nope. No feelings at all.

Just as I am about to tell her that would be fine Ashton calls my name. I guess this is a sign or something. I look down at her, shrug my shoulders and walk over to Ashton.

"Calum, let's practice 'Never Be'." Luke says. I nod my head and pick up my bass.

Luke starts the song and my eyes scan the room for Breanna. She is one of the prettiest girls I have ever seen. Next thing I know it's my solo and I start to sing, staring directly at her.

I see myself here in your eyes, stay awake till the sunrise

I wanna hold you, hold you all night, i wanna tell you that you're all mine

I feel our hands intertwine, hear our hearts beating in time

I need to hold you, hold you all night, I need to tell you that you're all mine

I finish my solo and finally tear my eyes away from her. I hope she didn't notice me staring. It didn't mean anything.. Did it? No. It didn't..

Ashton's solo comes and I watch Mallory out of the corner of my eye. She always has the biggest smile on her face whenever he sings. It's kind of weird and sweet at the same time. You never have to question if she loves him or vice versa. It's kind of refreshing to see a couple like that, who aren't all over each other like two certain blondes I know. We finish the song and Ashton stands up to go sit with Mallory.

"Where the fuck is Sarah?" Luke questions angrily. We all shrug our shoulders not knowing where Luke's girlfriend is.

"Luke, you need to get a girlfriend who really loves you and shows up to practices to support you." Ashton says while nuzzling his nose into Mallory's neck. She smiles and turns around to put her hands on both sides of his neck.

"Shut the fuck up, Ashton. Sarah does love me, you prick." Luke spits. I try to hold in my laughter but I end up making a very unhuman noise. I look over to Breanna, hoping she didn't see it, but when I turn my head our eyes meet and I know she had been watching. I don't know if I should be embarrassed or flattered.

"Dude. Chill out. I'm messing with you." Ashton defends while pulling Mallory onto his lap.

"Yeah.. Dude we know you how much you two are into each other.. Trust me." Michael groans. I nod my head agreeingly, not wanting to discuss their relationship further. Why can't people just date and not talk about it all day? It's annoying as shit.

"Sorry, she just didn't call me or send me pictures of her-" Luke starts but Mallory interrupts before he can finish.

"Enough Luke! I am sure she will be here very soo-" but before Mallory can finish Sarah bursts into the bar carrying two boxes of pizza.

"Sorry guys, my mom thought you'd all be hungry so she made me stop and get some pizza." Sarah says a little out of breath. We all look to Luke and you'd think he just won the lottery. His face lit up like a little kid's on Christmas. He set his guitar down and jumped off the stage.

"Babe. I missed you.. a whole fucking lot." Luke whines into Sarah's ear. She smiles up at him and wraps her arms around his neck. I have a feeling I know what they're about to do next and I don't want to watch.

I look to find Ashton but I don't see him or Mallory anywhere. I head to the dressing room to get my cellphone and find the door locked. I think I found them. Everyone in this band is so sexually frustrated. It's fucking weird. I walk back out onto the stage and see Breanna sitting at the table by herself while Luke and Sarah sit at the bar talking.

"So.. Did you like the song?" I ask her after building up the courage to speak.

She lifts her head up and nods her head not showing any emotion on her face. Maybe now is the perfect time to explain a little bit. I walk over to the table and pull the chair out.

"Alright. You were right. We did get off on the wrong foot. Let's start over." I say timidly. She nods her head agreeingly and I smile.

"But first, you have to answer some questions." She states. I nod my head motioning for her to continue.

"Why were you so rude to me the first couple of days? I didn't do anything to you except try to make you want to be my friend." She asks with a slight edge to her voice.

"I am just going through a tough time right now alright? I didn't expect you to take it so personally. I'm sorry." I apologize.

"Well I did. Next question. How do you go from sweet Calum who talks about his favorite music to angry Calum who won't even look at me?" She asks.

"Well.. I really don't know how to explain this and have it make sense.. I just don't want to develop any sort of feelings and I try to block them out by pushing people away.. I'm not saying I have feelings for you or anything but.. you know.." I explain nervously.

"I understand.. Why don't we just put it behind us and be friends?" She asks. I nod my head eagerly and smile at her. She smiles back and it nearly knocks the breath out of me.

"Guys, let's go walk around town a little bit." Ashton says as he and Mallory walk out of the dressing room. I almost laugh at their appearances. Ashton's shirt is on backwards and Mallory's hair is ruffled.

"Wow. Can Sarah and I borrow the dressing room after the show too?" Luke says with a laugh. Mallory blushes and hides her face in Ashton's chest. I look over at Breanna and find her giggling. She is so fucking cute.

"Mate, your shirt is on backwards." I point out to Ashton. He looks down and quickly turns it around laughing to himself. Mallory covers her face with her hands and walks over to Breanna.

"Bre, do you want me to invite someone to come? Like a guy or anything?" Mallory asks with a wink. I have this strange feeling in my stomach that makes me speak up.

"I think I can handle her." I say. Fuck my feelings. I want to hang out with Breanna today and I will do just that. I stand up and look down at her.

"You ready or what?" I ask and reach my hand down to help her stand. She looks around and sees everyone staring at us but honestly I couldn't care less. Finally, she takes my hand and let's me lead her out of the bar.

What the fuck am I getting myself into?

-

im laughing bc i made ashton and i do that well yolo its fiction and i will live out my dreams through a book.

so luke and sarah are cute.. for now. hahahhhaha

and BREANNA AND CALUM IM SERIOUSLY LIKE DEAD BC THEYRE MY OTP AND IM JUST SO KJSFHKJHFKJSG YOU DONT REALIZE

it seems like things are going super fast but don't worry i will make sure everything makes sense

ily lots bye