Fluff ~ Tim Drake x Reader

A Tim Drake Soulmate AU

Tim Drake x Reader

Inspired by 'Coffee with a Side of Soulmates'

Check it out on Tumblr by 'the birds and the bats'

A/N: I'm back! Sorry, it took so long :( high schools harder than I thought it'd be... pics of Harvey coming up soon. He's a citrus male beardie! Requests are now open again. All my stories will also be on my Tumblr; kimmywritesbatboys 

Still follow for a follow :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

y/n POV

I live a normal life. As normal as it can be in this crazy city. I happen to be a Gothamite, born and raised. Parenthetically, the words tattooed on my wrist are 'a silver lining to my grim existence, oh and the strongest coffee you can legally give me'. Which I think not exactly something to dwell on. I do not think soulmates are the only people you can love truly. I never have believed that there happens to be someone that fits me perfectly out there, and if there is, I would never want to annoy them.

I'm not exactly miss socialite... I spend most of my time reading or chugging coffee. I blame my love of coffee on my soulmate, I used to literally steal my parent's coffee thinking if I drank enough of it, I'd meet my soulmate. I continue to be sorely disappointed. All I got out of that was a caffeine addiction. No big deal, my life shouldn't revolve around somebody I haven't even met yet.

I got a job! It's from Starbucks of all places. I always thought being a barista was stupid, but there's an employee discount. Since I'm still in college it's a part-time job, but pocket money is good. Anyways, now I'm working the counter in true boredom.

Huh, somebody actually came in... odd considering I'm supposed to be closing up. Ooh, he does not look good. Well, he looks handsome but those eyebags are making me wince.

"What can I get for you?" When I asked, he seemed to get excited then as if reality sucker-punched him in the face he was back to normal.

He rubbed the back of his neck and said, "a silver lining to my grim existence, oh and the strongest coffee you can legally give me".

Oh.

"Coming right up!" I made him his coffee and on the side of his cup, I wrote 'Soulmate' with my number. He took the cup, not even noticing anything odd was written on it, chugged about half of it. Then started to choke, his eyes widened in realization. Then with a grin he slyly said,

"Guess I really did get my silver lining, the customer service here is fantastic."