Chapter 7: the Return Home

Izuku, and Mei then meet up at the gate. Where they coincidentally meet Iida, and Uraraka. Iida asks, "Why become a Vigilante?"

Izuku answers, "With great power, comes great responsibility. 80% of the world's population has the power to do something, but it's only the job of a Pro Hero to save people. Then tell me about the people who give money to a whole bunch of charities to help the poor, and family of the deceased. Aren't those people heroes too? Tell me how, we as Venom, have helped society? Heroes nowadays don't do the small cases. A simple drug deal could turn into a massive worldwide operation. Heroes nowadays only want the cases that appear on the news. The job of a Pro Hero is to save people. It's not a job where you think you can just stroke your ego, and become famous."

Uraraka asks, "What I think what Iida-kun was trying to ask was, what happened to get you to become a Vigilante?"

Mei says, "It was me. My Tou-san kicked me out, because I had a "useless Quirk". In reality he was so far in debt with a Yakuza group that he basically just disowned me to save me from their wrath. Well Izuku over there, well he got so pissed that he went to beat up my Tou-san. When he got there, the house was torched. The only thing that remained was my Tou-san's hand holding a locket. After some digging around Izuku..."

Venom comes out of Izuku's shoulder, and says, "Don't forget about me."

Mei chuckles, and says, "Be quiet, and I'll give you chocolate."

Venom nods, and goes back into Izuku. Mei continues saying, "Anyway Izuku, and Venom investigated some people, found the Yakuza group, and killed, well more like ate every single person there, but one. That is also when he used the Yakuza group's blood to spell "Venom" on the wall."

Izuku says, "The Black Goop is a horrible hero name. I didn't want to take that chance. Plus using the bad guys' blood was just theatrics."

Mei just laughs, and says, "Anyway when he came back to the house, Izuku gave me the locket, told me everything that he found out, and then puked up an arm, and a leg. This is also when he started using the "With great power, comes great responsibility" line. Those two have lived by that saying ever since. It drives them to always do the right thing, even when it's considered immoral."

Iida asks, "So Mei..."

Mei says, "Hatsume. There are only three people who I let say my first name. Izuku, Venom, and Inko Midoriya."

Iida asks, "So Hatsume-san what is your Quirk, and what department are you in?"

Mei says, "I'm in the Support Class. My Quirk is called Zoom. It lets me see up to 5 kilometers away. It's like having the eyes of a hawk."

Uraraka asks, "So you like to invent things?"

Mei nods, gets up really close to Uraraka, and asks, "Do you want to see my babies?"

Seeing the confused looks on their faces, Izuku says, "Steampunk-hime, don't call your inventions, "babies" until they can get to know you. They might think I actually got you pregnant, and that we have a kid."

Mei smirks, and says, "Let them think that."

Izuku just gets confused, and Uraraka blushes. Iida goes off about how, as students of Yūei Kōkō, we shouldn't be doing such things. Venom is just cackling at Izuku inside their mind.

Mei says, "I'll tell you at home Izuku-kun."

Uraraka says, "Let's walk home together."

They all nod, and walk to the train station. After splitting up at said train station, Izuku, and Mei get home. Only to see it up in flames. Izuku rushes inside. He looks everywhere to find his mother, but couldn't. So he goes back outside.

When outside, Izuku sees his mother. He then says, "Mei-chan, get my Kaa-chan in the car, and get in the passenger seat. I'm driving."

After that they get into the car, and drive off. Mei asks, "Where are we going? Why was the house on fire?"

Izuku says, "The night before we got our letters, I was attacked by a villain organization. The Leader calls themselves the League of Villains. But before I got attacked, Eraser Head found me, and told me that Yūei Kōkō knew about me being the Vigilante: Venom. The villains must have seen my face when I was talking to Eraser Head, and right now we are going to Yūei Kōkō to get help."

So, they then drive right to Yūei Kōkō, and meet with Nezu.