35. War Part 1

Cataliya's P.O.V

"Blade, catch him!" I screamed, when I saw the rogue I was chasing, getting away.

We were, currently, at war.

Leaving the rogue to Blade, I went back to the pack house.

"Oh Adam, what a pleasant surprise." I was just in time, to see the spectacle happening before me.

"Harris." Adam's eyes went wide, as he gaped. He started shaking.

"That's one way of repaying everything I did for you." Harris sneered. That got me. This was the limit. I had to interfere.

"Yeah, everything you did, which is, kill his whole family." I growled. "You're a monster!"

This made Harris come for me. Before I could escape, he had me by my throat.

"Some strong words for such a small mouth, don't you think so, Cataliya?" He hissed, his grip around my neck getting stronger. It was getting difficult for me to breathe. I trashed around, but it was of no use.

Adam came forward to push his away, but he got thrown into the couch himself. The whole pack house was a wreck, in chaos.

Suddenly, I fell to the ground. I coughed, feeling light.

"You leave my daughter alone, Harris." Somebody growled extremely loudly. I looked up to see dad. Of course. Only he growled like that, and at that moment, I was glad he did.

"Michael." Harris spat. "It was better when you were dead. You're better off dead." This made dad growl even more, and they fought one another.

I ran out of the pack house while that happened. Since the whole place was a chaos, I had to do as much as I could to help.

I pushed back a rogue as it charged towards me. I exhaled a loud breath. I would have actually fought them to hurt, or to actually kill. However, I couldn't. It was as if there was a spell cast on me. I couldn't. Especially when I wasn't angry. Also, I hadn't gotten any intention of killing either. It was pointless, in my opinion. They are just warriors, following their alpha's commands. I would rather just lock them away for a while, and make them join my pack. I realized it was a bad idea, but it was all that I had.

"Cataliya, what are you doing, just standing there? Help me out here!" I heard Chase yell, as he was fighting off another rogue.

Now, they weren't exactly rogues. They were warriors of Harris's pack, but I would call them rogue anyway. This was immoral. Attacking us, just for something, was immoral.

I rushed towards Chase and threw the wolf off of him.

"Dude, what are you doing? Why haven't you shifted yet? It would've been so much easier to fight that way." I have him a look.

Just as I said that, I heard a vulgar sound of bones, and I knew exactly then, that he had shifted, and then, ran off.

Shaking my head, I looked for Blade, but he was nowhere in sight. Funny thing, he was never in my sight anyway. So, I did what I had to do; fought wolves and helped others who needed my help.

**

It had been over three hours already, that the war had begun, and I didn't understand how it was still going on. Like, did they not get tired? How did they have any energy left to fight, anyway?

As I threw a punch at another wolf, that came my way, I took a moment to observe exactly what was happening around me.

I almost belched; the smell of blood hitting my nose right away as I breathed. I was disgusted.