17. Traitor Amidst Us

Cataliya's P.O.V.

The whole place was burning. That was my first sight as I looked around.

"Blade!" I yelled on top of my lungs when I saw Blade fighting off them in the distance. There were so many of them and Blade was all alone.

It was like, he couldn't hear me. He didn't even spare me a glance. I ran forward but I was unable to touch him. My hand went right through him. It was almost as if I was a ghost, a seer.

I was baffled. "Wha..?" My eyes went wide as I felt somebody pass right through me. My head started pounding and I became dizzy. I reached out for anything solid near me.

Stumbling back a bit, I fell flat on my back.

"Cataliyaa! Cataliya! Wake up!" I was shaken awake.

"Wahh? Huh?" I jumped up. "Elliane? What?" I looked around and realized that I was in my room.

"How am I home? I was in the woods! What us going on with my life?" I questioned, totally exasperated.

"Blade brought you home. He said you were sleeping and wouldn't wake up. I've been trying to wake you up for the past four hours now. Dad had been worried sick. He even had the pack doctor here. The doctor said there was nothing wrong with you but warned that you had to wake up within 10 hours. If you hadn't woken up, I don't know what would've happened."

"How long was I out, anyway? And when did Blade bring me here?" I looked out of the window and saw it was night time.

"Seeing that it's 2:30 A.M. now, you were out for 13 hours. Blade brought you here around 3 P.M. Blade said he'd been trying to wake you up for 2 hours. What happened to you? Are you okay?" I gaped at her. I was out for that long? But that dream hadn't even lasted 5 minutes!

"Oh, wow. Where's dad?" I was still in some sort of trance, so I got off the bed and shook myself a bit.

"He's at David's. Alan and Taylor are there too. He's gonna be back soon. Ohh, I need to tell him you're up." She smacked herself in the forehead, "anyway, are you hungry? What do you want to eat?"

"I'm okay. I don't want to eat anything." She gave me a pointed look and I raised my hands in surrender, exclaiming, "what? I'm not hungry!"

She raised an eyebrow and when she saw me looking at her the same way, she just rolled her eyes.

"Hey, where's Blade?" I asked it off curiosity. "Where does he live? Is he with you guys? I mean, did you all stay together throughout the years?"

"He's living at the pack house at the moment along with the others. And yes, we lived together, but just for 4 years though." She looked uncomfortable, like she was hiding something.

"What about his parents?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. She stiffened and looked away.

"It's not my place to tell. You guys should talk. Like, really talk. And please just don't ask me questions about all this. I won't be able to answer you." Her voice got lower as she spoke.

"But why? Why can't you tell me?" I buried my face in my hands.

"I just can't, I'm sorry." With that she left the room.