6. Emilia

Cataliya's P.O.V

I could swear on my life I heard somebody yell from nowhere. I heard it call my name. That voice was so powerful and enticing. I stopped mid way just to hear it.

"Cataliya." It called again. I looked around me, frustrated. Why would it interfere me from my goal? I was running towards my freedom. Was that too much to ask for too?

"If you're just going to keep calling me and not say anything else, you might just want to stop!" I yelled into the forest. This was getting on my nerves.

"Look at me Cataliya." It spoke into the air once again.

"For that, you need to first come out!" I was pissed off, very much. I could swear I got pissed way faster than fire spreads these days.

"Oh Cataliya, I'm right in front of you. You just need to open your eyes." Right in front of me, yeah right.

"If you really were right in front of me, you'd know my eyes are open." I yelled back. "Leave-me-alone." I whispered, since I suddenly felt like all energy was being drained out of my body. 

I felt something prick my eyes. Soon, I felt thousands of needles pricking my eyes. It was painful, very much.

I fell to the ground and screamed in agony. I touched my eyes and felt a bit better as my cold fingers touched my warm eyes.

Suddenly everything became clearer and the pain subsided, replacing with rage. Burning rage towards whatever was getting on my nerves. 

I looked around with a hard expression with rage clear on my face. Then I saw it. I saw her. Behind a tree, she was looking at me with pity in her eyes? I wasn't sure what that look in her eyes was, though it seemed like pity to me. I hated it when anybody looked at me with pity.

I touched my face and felt some liquid on my fingers. I looked down and saw blood. My eyes bled.

"You! Hey! You! Come here right now!" I could feel my eyes burning. She walked towards me, slowly.

"Cataliya, I'm sorry. I wish I could explain. I wish you could understand. I never wanted to be away from you. It was not supposed to be this way. You changed it. You changed everything the day you saved Michael." She explained in haste, as if I was going to kill her and this was her explanation that would save her life.

A drop of tear slid down my face. At least that's what I thought, until I touched my cheeks to wipe it away. It was blood. I was crying blood.

"Why? Why me? What did I do wrong?" I suddenly became emotional. Who was I kidding, I had been extremely emotional lately, and I hated every bit of it. I got angry way too much, and I cried a lot too. I hated these mood swings so much. 

Several other drops of tears slid down my face, though it was soon replaced by anger. Anger that I myself did not want to exist. It was pure rage with pain in it. I was so bipolar, what the actual heck. The worst part was, I could not even control myself, control my emotions. They were just all over the place.

"I did not save Michael, he saved me! He died for me!" I yelled. 

"You don't know what you're talking about. You don't even remember what you did. You are lucky that your memory was stripped." She laughed, a rather fake and sad one.

The rage was replaced with confused as soon as those words left her mouth. "What?" I looked at her but soon noticed smoke appear around us. "What's going on? What are you doing?" I questioned, as I scanned her face.

She was beautiful. She could be the moon goddess. So beautiful, so elegant. Hazel eyes and dark brown hair. Her face was flawless. She had two different coloured feathers attached to the band or crown, whatever that was.

She smiled at me, a very sad one. I looked behind her and saw two wolves. My wolves? One was my midnight black wolf and another was a red wolf. I looked at her, very confused.

"Wait, what's your name?" I asked, looking at her curiously.

"I am Emilia." She stated with pride, a smile on her face. "And this is your wolf, Blanché." She pointed at the red wolf. I gave her a confused look.

"Are you not my wolf too? And the red wolf, I mean Blanché is not really my wolf. The black one is. Artemia." Artemia strutted to me as I stated her name. I petted her head.

"I am the spirit of both these wolves. Artemia is your current wolf, yes, but Blanché is your original wolf. You changed your fate. You changed your destiny. You changed your wolves. You do not know certain things, better yet, you do not remember certain things, that you should. But, that's okay. You'll remember eventually. Anyway, you are worth way more than you might ever know. You are not useless. And Cataliya, believe me, you are beautiful. You just need to see it. You just need to open your eyes." And with that she disappeared, before I could come up with a rude sarcastic comment. Psh, yeah right I wasn't useless and I was beautiful. 

The wolves disappeared too, and I stood there dumbfounded and clueless. What was I supposed to do now? I wondered if I really should get out of the territory line. But then it hit me again, and it hit me hard. I was in pain for the next few minutes and my eyes hurt like hell.

I screamed one again. I wanted the pain to stop. It was literally the worst type of pain one could ever know. Eyes hurt. I felt like pulling out my eyeballs. My eyes bled too, again.

Suddenly it stopped, all the pain. 

An idea hit me, and I ran towards my house and away from my freedom. I now knew what I really needed. A makeover. 

Then I could be beautiful too, right?

_________________

Pic on side of Emilia and the two wolves.

Fan
Vote
Comment

Thank you :)