Chapter- 5

***************************************

Hey guys, the picture above is of Abhay Saxena. But just as I said previously with Astha, you can imagine him too as anyone that you want. No restrictions.

***************************************

Two months later...

Astha's POV :-

I was so happy that finally I will be shifted to a new department. It was not that I didn't liked the former one but getting to a new department and a whole new project was exciting me up.

My last project went well. Infact Tyagi Sir guided me so well that I didn't faced any problem while doing it, not to mention he and his entire team helped me too throughout the project. Overall all it was a good experience and I can't wait to have another one with some new challenges tagging along with it.

So here I am waiting for Jatin Sir in his cabin. He will be giving me my next assignment today. Yey!

" Oh look who I got to see today! Miss Dixit, congrats on the successful completion of your first assignment. " Jatin Sir came in while smiling at me.

" Thank you sir." I said while getting up from my seat.

" Sit, sit." He said while sitting on his.
" Well Miss Dixit, I must say that I'm very impressed with your work. You showed dedication, discipline, punctuality and not to mention accuracy in your last project. Good, very good. " He said while reading my report and completion letter that was given to me by the purchase department.

" Thank you sir. It was all possible because of Tyagi sir and his team. They guided me throughout. "

" Hmm...So now where to put you next." He said while massaging his temples.
" Okay, so let's put you in the sales department now and... that will be according to the norms too. "

I nodded in acknowledgement.

" On second thought since you did so well in your last project, why don't you take a off for today? Just like a prize you get after you did something right. "

" Oh no sir, that's not needed. Besides I like working here and...." I was debating on whether to say this or not.

" And?? " Sir asked with a raised eyebrow.

I decided to let him know about my money needs, " I can't afford to lose half day salary sir. " I said feeling a bit embarrassed for looking so desperate about money.

He laughed lightly and said, " Don't worry, we are not cutting down your salary as it is I who have asked you to do so. Besides our company don't just go by randomly cutting down salaries just because someone took a day off. Here we believe that taking care of their personal needs like a day off will increase workers efficiency and will also boost their morals. But, but, but...." He looked at me like that 'but' has some more buts in it.
" Don't think that just because we allow, you can take leaves as and when you want. These leaves are granted only once in two months. But this off that I have granted you is out of this list. This is because of your efforts. So take this as a congratulation gift from me."

Hearing that I beamed with joy. This means I can enjoy today just like I want to without thinking of reduction in my salary! Great.

" Thank you Sir. " I smiled genuinely at him and he returned that with an equally genuine smile saying,
" You welcome. Now go or else I will change my mind."

About two hours later..

Since I have somehow managed to pay half of my bills and rents, so I decided that today I will spend on me. Not too much but a little that will make my otherwise miserable life a bit gay.

I went to a nearby shopping complex, thinking that it was time I change my timeworn wardrobe. I really look hideous in these out-of-date clothes.

I was trying some of the clothes that were on sales when I spotted him.

He was in one of those expensive watch stores that you dream to go one day but you know that it will be always out of your limits.

He was trying some watches and I wanted to try him! Ghosh...how I wanted to be in the place of those watches that he was trying.

Every part of him was oozing with power, handsomeness and what not. I mean all the good things ofcourse. Although I was checking him from a distance but I was still able to feel all the hotness that was radiating from him.

Okay now you may think that I am crazy or I'm like one of those girls whom you see on television who are a total bitch to other girls and poor boys but when it comes to rich and handsome guys they go all ga-ga over them but no! I'm not like them okay. I'm so descent that I even watch Salman Khan's movie in which he goes shirtless with my one eye closed. Now you may be thinking why not close both the eyes, right? Well as an answer to this I can only say 'Duh!' If I will close both my eyes, then how will I be able to fully utilise the money that I have spent on the tickets?

"Ahem...Miss, will you buy these or not?" The sales lady asked sounding a bit irritated.

This brought me out of my reverie and I decided to buy one of those dresses that I was trying a while ago before I began salivating on my boss hotness. Honestly I wanted to bargain with the lady about the price but seeing how irritated she was with me and considering how much time she spent on me trying to persuade me to buy one of those, not to mention she even followed me to the trial room with a truck loads of dress along with her even when I said not to bother as I can get them on my own. And also not to forget that these dresses are already on sales, this means that the have already given us discounts on these so trying to lower the cost further than these will only make me look like a beggar in front of them.

" Ok, pack me the maroon one." I said to her, hearing which her face beamed with happiness, just like how a child's face do when they were given what they wanted.

" Sure mam. I told you this looks good on you. I have never seen a lady carrying that dress so gracefully as you. You look like a diva in that." She said smiling at me while packing my dress simultaneously.

See now I turned from Miss to Mam again when I told her that I will buy that. And not to mention her false praising. Typical sales person! I'm pretty sure she had said that exact same lines to many before.

After I paid for the dress, which I would like to mention, took all the money with which I was planning to buy one more, I turned my head towards that watch store again. But to my utter disappointment my utterly-butterly delicious boss was not there anymore. I sighed.

With no money left to even eat a burger outside, I decided to call it a day and headed towards home.

Tomorrow will be a new day and I will be with a whole new team. Excitement is at its peak.

***************************************

Friends, if you are liking my story then please vote for it and share it with your friends.

Also it will make me very happy if you let me know about your views by commenting in here.
So please do comment.

Love you all 😊.

***************************************