Chapter 11: Apple juice and Bollywood

Start from the beginning

My mom quickly draped a towel over the umm apple juice. ( if you know what I mean.) before running to the laundry room.

I saw Malik raising the wet child up in the air like he was Simba or something before carefully walking to the washroom with Mariam trailing behind him.

Well, it looks like they'd be good parents one day.

When things got back under control, I decided to spray some febreeze before returning to serving the chai.

After about an hour of useless chattering, my mom finally brought up the topic.

" So Mariam, your engaged mashallah, when's the mungni party? ( engagement party.)

Usually in a brown family, the person get's engaged and had the big party in a hall the month after. following that would be a bunch of parties, dholkis and more. after about a year if the commotion, they have the Mehndi, The actual wedding and then the Valima.

I know it's a lot but it's still so much fun.

" Well we're thinking if having the engagement party in about 3 or 4 weeks and the actual wedding maybe 8 months or a year later." said Mariam with a big smile.

I was super excited, I've never been to wedding where I was a super close relative of the bride, usually it's my aunt's brother in law's cousins daughter or something.

" Are you going to move to New York?" asked my mom and my eyes shot open.

New York? why would she be going to New York?!

" New York!?" I croaked.

" Yes, Malik Bhey lives in America, his work and everything is there." says LaLa Khala,

Mariam's going to leave!

Me and her had been friends for so long and know she's just leaving! shire she sometimes blabbers about useless thing I don't care about but still!

I stayed quiet for almost the entire day except for helping my mom and stuff.

Man it's going to be one emotional wedding.

----------------------------------------------

" Nooooo!!"

I cuddle back into my covers trying to go back to sleep.

" Wake up you idiot!" my brother whisper yelled before shaking me to death.

" What!" I yelled as I shot up, making him jump back.

" Mom told me to drop you off to school and you're already late!" he said.

Now I'm awake.

I whipped my head to my alarm clock.

7:50

OMG I'm late!!!!!

I spring out of my bed, knocking Bilal on the way to the bathroom.

I just washed my face, used mouth wash and didn't even bother brushing my hair.

I grabbed a biscuit sweater and brown scarf and skirt.
Stuffing my bag with all that school crap, I grabbed. Granola bar and shot through the door.

7:59

" QUICKLY BILAL!!!!!!!! HEY YOU!!! GET OUT OF THE WAY SALAH!!!!!!! BILAL!! I,M GOING TO BE LATE!!"

" SHUT UP SALMA!!!!!"

8:00

" BILAL!!!"

since my last late I has been trying to be more punctual but my idiot brother sadly doesn't know how to drive.