Chapter 44

I love you
*Heaven's POV*
As soon as Salazar and his three men reached out for their weapons, our men immediately came out of hiding and surrounded them, pointing their guns at each of the four men's heads.

_ "Ves Salazar, realmente te gusta subestimarme. Pero ten cuidado, cuando juegas con fuego, te quemas." States Landon, closing in on Gustavo and holding him up by his shirt's collar. (You see Salazar, you really underestimate me. But beware, when you play with fire, you burn). He then turns on his heel ever so nonchalantly and elegantly, and motions for us to leave with him.

As soon as we mounted the car once more and drove away, the chauffeur sent the message to the rest of the men, who stayed behind at the casino holding Gustavo and his men at gun point, to ensure our safety. Shortly after, they all followed us out, none harmed.

_ "that fucking turd faced bastard!" Boomed Landon's voice throughout the car, as soon as his uncle Javier called him. "I knew I shouldn't trust him, good thing I didn't, or else we'd be dead by now. HOW DARE HE PUT MY BEST FRIENDS, MY MEN AT RISK!?"

I reached out for his hand, Athena tapped him on the shoulder and Justus offered him an invigorate smile. Landon exhaled, feeling all of our emotions and continued:

_ "Anyways, I naturally didn't agree, he is playing a dangerous game by trying to join forces with all four of the most powerful mafias. It won't end well..."

_ "Si, estoy de acuerdo" I can hear Javier on the other end of the line. (Yes, I agree) "Seems like Heaven wasn't sent with you just for fun, she is a really smart woman, and it seems like she did her research as-well. I don't think you told her about the other agreements... or, am I wrong? Also did you know about them trying to do the same exact thing with El Asesinos?"
I felt honored to have overheard those words.

_ "si ella realmente es" agrees Landon quietly, I blush.

_ "Tu padre wasn't wrong when he said she was practically your female version... de todas formas we'll talk more when you arrive to the concha de mar restaurant. I'm waiting for you." He then hung up. (Anyways/ sea shell)

^Landon's POV^
Everyone wanted to explore a bit around Guadalajara as this was our only chance. We were leaving in four days back to America, so we weren't gonna have the time to return here. Plus I don't think it's a good idea after what happened.

Despite us wanting something simple and casual, my uncle was a well respected and prestigious man, so of course... we had to dine at a nice and fancy 5 star restaurant which served sea food. After ordering mexican styled shrimp Ceviche, Caldo de Mariscos, a sea food paella, a shit ton of clams and shrimp cocktails, Justus took off his blazer and tie, while the girls changed into more casual clothes.

(Athena's outfit)

(Athena's outfit)