Chapter 28

Ashes and flames
^Landon's POV^
_ "whoa there buddy, breathe. Common Clyde. Shhh..." consoles Heaven. The man calms down abit as Heaven rubs his back and guides him to a steady breathing rhythm. Who is he?
"What's wrong?" She asks him in a calm voice.

_ "The Underground... i-it b-b- " he stutters

_ "Clyde use your words god damnit! What about it?" Her voice gave off a glimpse of worry. I come closer to her.

_ "I-i gotta go Heaven. The Underground burned down. It burned to ashes. I don't know how exactly it happened but I'm needed there. Once I'll find out more I'll let you know... I'm sorry." With that, the so called Clyde, ran down the stairs.
Heaven went still and silent. Her eyes were locked to the floor, as her mind drowned in thoughts.

_ "Heaven?" She starts pacing back and forth then makes her way to the edge of the roof. My heart skipped a beat as my head wondered to the wrong place. I thought she was about to jump, but she just propped her elbows on the edge and dropped her head between her hands pulling at her hair.

_ "no,no,no,no,noo... i-it, it can't be..." she murmurs. Once again I move closer to her and put my hand on her shoulder. She turns around and looks at me, tears in her eyes. I felt my heart being shattered, I hated seeing her like this.

_ "it's okay, it's fine... everything's gonna be o-" I try to calm her down, but she interrupts me and bursts:

_ "NOTHING'S GONNA BE OKAY! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND..." she sobs "EVERYTHING IS RUINED, THIS WAS THE ONLY WAY I WAS ABLE TO STABILIZE MYSELF, THE ONLY WAY I COULD AFFORT TUITION, RENT, AND PROVIDE FOR MY, m-my brother..." she tried to contain herself, she tried to hold back her emotions, but it had been bottled up for far too long. All that anger, pain, fear and tears came flooding out. She threw punches at the wall and sobbed hysterically. She was hurting herself, she was relieving all those emotions by hurting herself.

*Heaven's POV*
I felt my world slowly crumbling to bits and pieces. I kept on repeatedly punching the wall as hot tears burned my cheeks. My knuckles swelled and blood stained the wall. The pain was excruciating but I couldn't stop. I couldn't help it, I broke down. I felt so ashamed to do so in-front of Landon, I am usually one to hide my emotions well. But this has just gotten too much for me. My only stable source of income had burned to ashes now. As I continue to beat up the poor wall, two strong, tattooed arms grabbed my wrists and held them against me. Landon's grip was strong but gentle, he didn't hurt me. As I seemingly calmed down, he loosened his grip and I broke out of it. All the emotions came back and I broke down again, crying uncontrollably and sobbing. I then started pounding my fists again Landon's hard, muscular chest and slamming my hands against him. He didn't deserve this, but I couldn't seem to stop myself. All he did was wrap his arms around me, and held me tightly. I melted into his embrace and buried my face in the crook of his neck. My body felt weak, and if it wasn't for his hold on me, I think I would of collapsed to the floor. Its' been several years since I've cried this much and I was grateful for his patience. I drenched his shirt with my tears, but he didn't mind it. Landon then slowly sat down on the floor, placing me on his lap. He gently ran his fingers through my hair and whispered sweet, soothing words to my ear. His warm breath sent shivers down my spine, and his soft caresses calmed me down. The waterworks finally stopped, and I hugged him back. We just sat there, on the cold roof, for what seemed like hours. "Thank you" I whispered, and he daintily kissed the top of my head.

~Athena's POV~
It was now 3 a.m. The crowd had started to clear. Only a few couples making out, a few dudes in the kitchen having more drinks, or several passed out people on the sofa and floor were left. Silas had gone earlier with Clyde, and I've been searching for Heaven ever since.