Chapter 1

Heaven
*Heavens POV*
There I stood on the balcony, admiring the pastel colors of sapphire, amethyst and lilac surrounding me. The meek sun had only begun to show its radiant face, rising from behind the far horizon as it's golden rays interlaced with the grey dawn's shrouds.

The sky was still sleepy, covered by a hazy fog that gave it a touch of motherly softness. Today was the last day of freedom. The last day of summer, and I knew I had to come out of hiding and go back to the place I once so proudly called home.

I've been in Los Angeles since the very first week of summer vacation, after graduating from my senior year. I was dreading this inevitable day, but I still held on to whatever hope that hadn't died in me yet.

It was my first year at a new college, and maybe, hopefully, I'd find a distraction from the nightmare of a reality I live in.

On my way back to my home town, I had a few quick stops to make. I took the ending of school, and beginning of university years as a fresh start. I wanted to make a statement, to grasp the opportunity and finally go for all those things school held me back from.

First stop was a hair salon where I dyed my hair of a passionfruit color (for those who don't know it's a warm purple-ish red color) and chopped it the encompass my jaw. My parents used to call me passionfruit all the time as a child for two reasons. Reason 1, It was my favorite fruit which I manically ate with sticky little fingers. Reason 2 was because as a child, I was very passionate and always had grand goals and plans for my future.

The next stop was a tattoo shop...
As I entered the little parlor, all the men there stared at me like I was some walking piece of meat. Oh how I wish I could just flip them off, punch them, or carve out their eyes, but it would only attract more attention and cause unwanted conflicts. Men.

Ignoring their stares, I made my way to the reception, where the tattooer who stood there in a cowboy hat, gave me a skeptical look.

_"Aren't you a bit young to be getting tattoos ? I mean you're a fine lookn lady", he says licking his dry, crusty lips after I'd explained what I wanted, "but I ain't gonna tattoo a twelve year old."

I hold back the urge to punch this sucker square in the face. If he had left out the "checking me out" part, it would have been fine by me, and I would just have left and searched for another place. But since he had to make that comment while harassing me with his hungry stare I decided to mess with him. So I reply:

_ "If I'm too young for this... aren't you a bit too old to be here? I mean, don't you like, have a cow to milk on your farm or something cowboy?" First he just seemed confused, until I continued by saying:
"Besides I already have tattoos on me." I say, flicking my wrist in his face, exposing a heart beat tattoo, then tying my hear in a bun, revealing a dandelion on the back of my neck. I had others, but they were just not as easy to show. I then throw a fake id in his face.
_"I'm 23, thanks for taking the time to ask." I lie.

The man then leads me to his working area, clearly pissed at my snarky comments, as he glared at me with narrowed eyes. Was it a good idea for him to tattoo me? No. So luckily for me, he asked the only other lady in this place, to work on my requests instead.

I arrive a couple hours later, to my so called home.

As I steely opened the door, I was greeted by an empty house, completely unkempt. There were bottles of alcohol all over the place. Pills and empty boxes of cigarettes lay on every table. The windows and curtains were closed... the doors shut. Not a single crack left open, preventing any light or breathing source from entering the house. The furniture reeked of sweat and booze as well as smoke. The scene was horrific and retching, but nothing I haven't seen before.

I made my way up to my room, thankful for not having anyone home at the moment, and shut the door behind me tightly, making sure to lock it. I braced myself, as tomorrow was the first day of college.

________________________________
Okay so this is my first chapter, dont judge the story yet! I promise it gets better!

What's with Heaven escaping home?

What do her tattoos mean?

Who was she so scared of and what lives in this house?

Find out in the next chapters! Love you<3