chapter 31

happys POV

i watched as kenzi walked into the garage then pulled the door down letting it slam. strangely we couldnt hear anything from inside.

"whats that about" jax asked me
"no idea prez." i said not looking away from the garage.

"shes beyond pissed." josh said

a few minutes later kenzi pulled the door up and looked at all of us. fuck she thinks one of us ratted. she looked at jax and tipped her head back asking him to over. i walked right with him. being his SAA he wasnt going in there alone. i didnt know the others so i didnt trust them. she asked for our phones then checked them for bugs. what the hell. she shut the door behind us. i noticed they had a bug killer turned on.

"i didnt think yall were it but just needed to check they didnt bug yall without you knowing. we know who one of the rats are. the other i have an idea but no proof."

"you think its someone in samcro?" jax asked

"yes."

"who else?"

"samantha"

"youre baby momma?" jax asked tony

"we have no idea how she got wind of that case. or who shes working with like mack said she has a couple ideas but isnt for sure. dont worry she will be handled." tony told him

"lets um go back to my house and we can talk more about my ideas." kenzie told us

one of the lawyers stepped to her "here are the recordings, and her statement. keep that in the bag and wear gloves when you touch any of it. dont leave any evidence that you touched or had this stuff" he said handing her a bag.

she talked to taylor for a second before saying bye to everyone. we walked out of the garage and to our bikes. jax told everyone to follow us. kenz put the bag in my saddle bag and got her helmet out. we all pulled out in formation.

"im sorry for all this hap." she said into my ear as we rode to our house. i squeezed her thigh trying to tell her it was okay.

we pulled up to her house and followed her in. she led us to the basement door then asked for all our phones to be put on the table, again she checked them all for bugs. a few of the guys had questioning looks. we walked into the basement and into a room with a table to fit all of us. i watched closely as she turned on a bug killer, and a whoote noise machine. she put on gloves then put some plastic on the table. she pulled the evidence out of the bag and laid it out.

"they claim to have two witnesses. ive figured out one of them. the other i have a couple ideas no proof, yet." she said before she started playing the tape "feel free to smoke, just use an ashtray. make sure nothing gets near the evidence."

"mrs. eves you do acknowledge that we are video taping as well as recording your testimony correct?" agent stahl said

"yes i do."

"please repeat what you stated earlier"

"i seen mackenzie keller kill philip young last august the 15th."

"how did she do it? where"

"i was leaving the movie theater, going back to my apartment. the alley between 7th and 8th street takes four blocks off my walk so i always take that way. they were arguing when she pulled a gun out and shot him. it had to have a silencer or something cause they didn't sound like full gun shots. she drug him to sit against the wall and ran off. i ran to help but a man grabbed me and pulled me back. he told me to go back the way i came and forget about what i just seen, for my own safety."

"what city was this in?"

"Stockton"

"who was the man"

"clay morrow"

"so you were walking home, taking a short cut through an alley when you seen ms. keller shoot and kill philip young. before you could help or run clay morrow grabbed you and sent you another way for your safety."

"yes."

stahl turned off the video camera.

"tell me what happened next"

"i ran as fast as i could home."

"did you see mr. morrow again?"

"yes. he made sure i knew not to tell anyone what i seen. i convinced him i wouldn't."

"so what made you come forward now?"

"i was told to."

"by who"

"clay."