Chapter 13 : Versus

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Once she spotted the brunette laughing with her best friend Soojin who's talking about about her wild rendezvous last night with some guy in Elites, Suzy inhaled a deep breath before approaching the two of them.

"Do you have time? Can I talk to you?"
Lisa raises a brow before fixing her posture as she put the books she's been holding inside her locker.

"Sure, what is it?"
The brunette asked, forehead creasing by the sudden approached.

"Alone?"
Suzy shortly glance at Soojin and the girl nodded her head as she pat her best friend's shoulder.

"If you need some back up, call me."
She mouthed at her bff but Lisa just laughed and pushed her off.

"So, how can I help you?"
Lisa put her attention back to the silent girl. Not forgetting to glance at her pretty hair, what shampoo she's using?

Lisa shake her head off, it's not the time to be curious at silly things. The half Mexican girl look serious.

"I wanted to know something."
She started, her eyes looking at their left to right, making sure that no one is hearing them at the moment.

"And? What is it?"

"You and Jonas?"
She said the obvious fact.

"Oh."
Lisa's full lips turned into an 'O' before pursing it together, contemplating wether to tell her the truth. But what is the truth?

"Jonas and I..." Lisa look at her, meeting her suddenly cold gaze. The brunette forced a smile as she crossed her arms over her chest. "We have mutual understanding." She finished.

Suzy, look away and released the breath she's been unconsciously holding.

"I knew it." She whispered to herself, Lisa tilt her head confused at the pretty girl.

"You knew what?"

But she was ignored when Suzy return her attention to Lisa.
"Just... just never hurt him okay?"
Her eyes softened but Lisa couldn't understand what she's trying to say.

"Why would I even hurt him?"
Lisa's voice raised up, along with her brow that shows confusion.

"Lisa, Jonas is not a cover up toy. And if ever I saw him getting hurt because of you? I'll forget that you're now important to him." Her voice soft like feathers but words are like knives, intimidating her like no other.

"What do you mean?"
Lisa is starting to get annoyed. She don't understand.

Why would she even hurt Jonas? It never crosses in her mind to do that. Her intention with her guy best friend is pure. The brunette's full lips curve into a frown when Suzy smiled solemnly at her.

"I always thought you'll gonna end up with Clark, so it's very strange why you're suddenly putting so much effort on having Jonas."

What? Who gave her that thought? Lisa highly disagree on this, her and Clark? It would never happen. He says it himself. Lisa averted her eyes to somewhere as she lean on to her locker, arms still crossed over her chest.

"He is my friend."
She spat bitterly, not looking at the girl in front of her. Buried memories flash suddenly through her eyes as she tried to shake it off from her head.

Suzy wake her up from her train of thoughts. Lisa looked at her, emotions now perfectly hidden.

"No, I knew you since we're like in 12th grade, Hearst. Before you started dating his best friend, Tyler Kim. You have always been fond with him."
Lisa laughed at this, now it doesn't make any sense. Is it bad now to have a guy friend that you're fond to? If she knows Suzy is just making excuses now just to shoo her away from Jonas.

Because when it comes of having feelings, that would be Soojin and Jimin. Not her.

"You can keep pretending as long as you want, but you can't fool me."
Lisa snorted as she roll her tongue inside her mouth, while taking a step closer to the accusing girl.

"You don't know anything, Sunfire."
She isn't the type of girl that makes everything a big deal but Suzy is crossing the line. Lisa look at her from her head to toe before lifting her lips into a smirk, she wouldn't get low just because of this so Lisa was about to turn around and ignore the girl when Suzy held her wrist.

"Try me, Hearst. Because if there's someone who really knows that? It would be me."
The girl bravely confessed. Her grip tightened on her wrist and Lisa almost grimaced at this if only she didn't realized what this all about.

"Oh my God!"
She laughed but not even a little bit amuse. Lisa nudged her hand away as she cover it on her mouth, still chortling an unamused chuckle. Lisa shake her head, so this is all about her getting protective with something she doesn't even own.

However the brunette stop chuckling when she remembered something, Lisa meet her eyes and Suzy was serious at what she said.

"I'm warning you Hearst. If you're serious with really liking Jonas? That will never be a problem at all."
Suzy glared at her one last time before walking away, leaving a still mind blown brunette.

She can't believe about what she just heard, Lisa had a feeling that Jonas had a secret admiration to his best friend but not the other way round. Now, this is even more complicated than it seems.

She have one tough competition and that girl might have the prettiest hair.