18- Gone and here

Beginne am Anfang

Kris felt guilty, but he couldn't tell anyone.

Susie felt her worry sky-rocket as she felt the pang of guilt- a guilt that wasn't hers. She turned to Kris and noticed his trembling. Was it from him?

Dr. Auburn had her eyes furrowed, curiously but a bit terrified as well.

Asriel glanced at her, "Hey, Emmy, you got an idea?"

Dr. Auburn's eyes became a bit fiery, and the red hue of her orbs just added to her sudden fierceness. She noticed the slight change that no one had seemed to even glance.

"Kris, can we do a quick check up?" She asked.

Kris eyes widened, he shook his head vigurously, realizing Dr. Auburn had something in mind to uncover the mystery of the soul, how it was gone.

"No." Kris said a bit too ferociously.

"Kris, we need to-" Dr. Auburn tried to reason.

"No!" Kris shouted with a slight growl.

Kris was confused on why he was suddenly so fierce, all he knew was that he had to protect them, he had to, those he loved and cared.

Asgore was suprised, and his fatherly side was growing stronger, "Kris, respect your elders."

"No, get away from me." Kris said as he clutched himself and shook his head, not in fear but in selflessness. He wanted to get rid of this entity himself, without inflicting any pain for others.

"Kris, please." Asriel begged, this wasn't normal, he was aware and he wanted to act on it. But with Kris odd stubborness, this was more than a simple problem.

Kris opened his mouth, but Susie's voice boomed, "Just get the damned check up already, Kris!"

Kris jumped in shock. Susie's voice was worried, even as she tried to make it as carefree and ferocious as she could.

With a swift arm, Susie grabbed Kris and carried him to the nearest room where they could perform the check up. "Get whatever you need, doc. And hurry the hell up!" Susie shouted with a voice so commanding.

Dr. Auburn jumped and quickly ran off.

Asgore and Asriel rushed where Kris was carried.

Kris tried to thrash and tried to slip from her grasp, but she was set and firm on him taking the check up.

"Let go!" Kris screamed again.

"No." Susie said simply, still trying to maintain her tough persona.

"Let me go!" Kris shouted again and again.

"No, Kris." Susie said, "If you're damned sick then you should make yourself better. Geez, don't just make it worse." Susie clamped her mouth and silently cursed as she heard her voice, laced with care. And what she said was right, but coming from her, it was hypocritical. They're the same, yet so different.

Asgore and Asriel remained quiet as they watched the two bicker. They decided to stay quiet, for Susie had this handled.

Susie clutched Kris tighter, he became less unruly, but still is much so.

"Can you let go of him?" Dr. Auburn asked.

"What if the squirt runs away?" Susie asked as she tried to degrade Kris, trying to cover that she truly was worried, oddly.

Kris gave in. They had to know sooner or later, and soon was now. It was gone, and now it was here.

He relaxed and Susie felt him give. He wasn't thrashing about, he was ready to accept fate; fate as written.

~~~~~~~

"I can't believe it..." Dr. Auburn said.

"Oh, my..." Asgore as he stared at the screen.

"How?" Asriel said as something glinted in his eyes.

Something that was... off...

"It was here and then it was gone..." Dr. Auburn blurted absolute nonsense.

"And now it's here." Susie said, "It was gone and here it is." As she tried to remain dauntless.

"Fascinating..." Asriel mumbled.

The soul was there. A bright glow, only a little weaker, unnoticable. The heart powerful and plump, a strong radiation of power.

While everyone was seemingly mesmerized, Kris shook in fear as he watched The Player walk closer and closer.

Kris knew that no one could see them, he knew that this was only in his head.

But it felt so real.

"Almost time..." The Player said as they sat in front of Kris.

They cupped Kris' cheeks, "Almost time." They grinned.

••••••••••

OMG! Just a few more chapters and we will sail the ship! And just about five to seven more this book will be nearing its end.

I wrote one more chappie, stay tuned!

~Aivianne