Chapter 9

Both Jungkook and Mia are surprised to meet again in the most unexpected way. Ashley rushes out to Mia's side and asks in a whisper, "What happened? Why do you look like you have seen a ghost?"

Mia replies in a low voice saying, "Ashley, it's him. It's the other guy".

"Whattttttttttt?", asks Ashley in a loud manner.

Both Jungkook and V stares at Ashley and she smiles back to them in embarrassment. Suddenly realizing the situation V says, "Jungkook-ah is it her?"

Ashley adds on by saying, "Wowww! It's fate that you guys meet up like this again".

Both Jungkook and Mia stay still in the amusement without uttering a word. Sensing the awkwardness between Mia and Jungkook, V decides to leave them alone to talk comfortably. V and Ashley plan to go outside and buy soda from the nearest store.

"Guys, I am going to the store with Ashley to buy some soda", said V

" Hyung, I can also join", said Jungkook in an earnest manner.

" Then who will do the rest of the report. Now it's your turn to proofreading it", V said in an assertive manner eyeing both Jungkook and Mia.

" We will be back soon", said Ashley and they leave for the store.

Both Mia and Jungkook were left alone in the room filled with silence. Then Jungkook suddenly says, " I will do the first half of the report and do you mind doing the rest". Realizing that Jungkook was trying hard to make up a conversation, Mia tries to ease the situation by replying with a smile,"Yeah sure".

A few minutes pass by and all of a sudden Jungkook's stomach starts growling. Hearing the sound Mia asks, "You seem hungry". Jungkook tries hard not to show off his embarrassment and says, "Oh not realllllly!!!!!" The stomach starts rumbling much louder.

Jungkook closes his eyes and bites his lips in a flustered manner. Seeing his expression Mia says, "Even I am hungry, I will go get some snacks. Anyhow the chicken delivery guy is going to be late".

Mia goes to the kitchen to get the snacks. Since they are kept at the top shelf she picks up a chair to stand on top to get them. Meanwhile, Jungkook comes in and offers to help. With his height, he almost reaches the shelf and tries to pull the snack container. Mia asks him to be cautious and says, "Actually there is a container with flour whose lid is a bit loose. Since you can't see it just be *********". Before even completing the sentence all the flour from the container fell on top of Jungkook's head.

"I am so sorry I couldn't see which container had the snacks", Jungkook said apologetically.

"I will just go outside and clean it. I don't want to make your house dirty", saying that he rushes outside.

Mia takes the cleaning tissue and follows him. Jungkook is outside trying to brush off the flour from his face and hair. Mia closes the front door, comes outside and says, "Just stay still. I will help you clean up".

Jungkook is amazed by her behavior and stands still bending his head towards Mia. She starts dusting away the flour by running her fingers through his hair. Abruptly Jungkook asks," Were you okay after that day?"

"Yeah, since you were there I got the strength to stand up for myself ", said Mia calmly.

Jungkook lifts his head and gazes at her without blinking his black marble-like eyes. She takes the tissue and wipes the flour off his face.

"You look much better now. Beforehand you could walk around and scare people", said Mia in a teasing manner and they both start laughing.

"I never thought you were humorous", said Jungkook.

"I guess you never know unless you know......", replied Mia and walks towards the door.

"Oh nooooooooo", Mia screams while looking at the closed door.

"What happened?", asked Jungkook in a panicky manner."I accidentally closed the front door and now it's locked from the inside. I don't have the keys with me", said Mia.

At the same time, the delivery guy brings in the chicken.

"We don't have any other choice. Let's just wait outside for Ashley and V", said Jungkook smilingly and they sit in front of the door waiting......