Chapter Thirty One

<Kieran's POV>

"Sara, can you answer number 12 for the class please?"

Sara looked like a fish out of water, eyes bulbous and wide with surprise. She quickly looked down at her paper, shuffling through her notes like the answer would be in the unit from a month ago.

Idiot.

I'm surrounded by fucking idiots.

"Sara? Do you ha—"

"She obviously doesn't have it, Ms. Wingden" I groaned, unable to take the sheer stupidity anymore.

I was supposed to be the idiot in this class, but no. Now that I was in a normal math class, I happened to be surrounded by panicking idiots instead of idiots who didn't care abut their academics.

I knew which one I preferred.

"Excuse me, Kieran?" Ms. Wingden did that weird woman-thing where she smiled like she had misheard me. She definitely didn't fucking mishear me. She just wanted me to apologize.

Fucking bitch.

Ms. Wingden had had it out for me since I'd switched to the class the second week of school. For some reason, she had something against jocks in her classroom. I wasn't sure who fucking hurt her, but apparently she still had a basketball wedged up her ass from her nerdy days in highschool.

"Ms. Wingden, if a student doesn't have the answer before you call on them, you really think they're gonna pull it out of their ass when you do?"

With any other kid that would've been an immediate write-up, but I was special. I had a second chance when it came to acting up. The school had decided I didn't need an aid with me at all times like the other kids with ADHD, ADD or whatever poor misfortune they were fucked to have. I normally didn't take advantage of that situation, but Jesus.

I hated Ms. Wingden.

Sara looked at me like I wasn't helping so I reluctantly stopped my tirade, not wanting to make her feel bad. I didn't want to make anyone feel bad. Except for little-Miss-WingDings here. Fuck her.

"Kieran, apologize to Sara right now, or you can escort yourself to the main office"

Ms. Wingden put a hand on Sara's shoulder like I'd somehow harmed or hurt the girl. The fuck? I was only trying to help. She didn't know the answer and Ms. Wingden knew that too: you'd have to be blind not to notice Sara's panic.

"I'm sorry Ms. Wingden is such a bi—blind person who can't see that you didn't have the answer Sara"

I scowled, not appreciating how everyone was looking at me. Like I'd done something wrong. Even Sara looked miserable, gazing at me with the shut-the-fuck-up face I saw in the mirror every morning.

"Sorry, sorry" I muttered, finally aiming for an honest apology.

"It's alright Kieran. Sara is i—"

"Sorry, fuck." I hissed under my breath, hating how Ms. Wingden was adamant on dragging this out.

Stop.

"Kieran? Kieran, are you okay? Kieran, hows about..."

Stop saying my fucking name.

I pushed out of my chair, knocking into the desk behind me.

"I'm gonna take a walk"

I talked to the ground, grabbing my backpack and slinging it over my shoulders. Ms. Wingden nodded cautiously.