Chapter 11

BAM! BAM!

Two bodies slumped to the ground and horrified screaming broke out.

"How could you do that!?" Birdo screeched as she watched Yoshi and Dixie's dead bodies slump to the ground. She frantically rushed over to him, trying to make sure he was okay. Evidently, he wasn't, and she began to cry. "Oh my gosh..."

"D...Did I just do that..?" Bowser stared at the gun in shock. Then his resolve hardened. "It needed to be done. I've done far worse. A mafia is dead, whether it was Yoshi or Dixie, we don't know. But one of them is a mafia, and one of them is dead."

"B-B-But-"

"YOU MURDERED DIXIE!" Diddy was livid, needing to be held back by Donkey Kong. "Let go of me! He's a murderer, he deserves to die! Who cares if the mafia is dead, how could you do that!"

"Are you implying that Yoshi is the mafia!?" Birdo glared at Diddy, her temper present once again. "He would never do that!"

"Well, Dixie would never do it either!"

"You just..." Luigi just stared in shock. "You really just did that... You just killed them..."

"It had to be done!" Bowser said, although his voice grew higher as he spoke. Clearing his throat, he took a deep breath and then spoke. "We finally found a mafia before everyone died. Okay? The crisis is thirty three percent over."

"But you killed an innocent... someone who could help us."

"It was the only way to detect a murderer!" Bowser protested. "Boo, help me out here."

"Hey, it was my idea. Of course it's right," Boo scoffed, sticking his tongue out once again. "I'm too smart for my own good. Thirty three percent of the crisis is indeed over."

"And an innocent is dead. You're both monsters."

"What happened, happened. Let's just figure out who the mafia is so that this can all be over," Pauline sighed.

"That's not true! We can still help them!" Birdo said, sounding almost delusional. She knelt down by Yoshi's dead body, a defeated look on her face. "He can... He can still be helped..."

"Birdo, he's dead..." Toadette said softly, trying to help the other female. She immediately lashed out in anger.

"It's because of Bowser! Why don't we murder him next, since apparently he gets to kill whoever he wants to!" Birdo raged, tears streaming down her face. "How could you kill Yoshi...?"

"You killed Dixie. My sweet, innocent, Dixie," Diddy Kong shouted, broken down as well. He was crying, but made no note of his tears and wiped them away furiously. "Well, in this game, why don't we all just get rid of Bowser next!"

"W-Wait, don't turn on me!" Bowser protested, confused as most of his teammates glared at him. "It had to be done. I swear!"

"Someone had to do it," Boo defended Bowser's decision, since it had been Boo's suggestion. "I say it was a wise decision. We caught a liar. I offer my condolences to you people grieving, but it was necessary."

"...No matter how crazy that might have just been, I agree," Pauline sighed, looking over to where Donkey Kong still had to forcibly hold back Diddy. "Diddy, it had to be done! We found a mafia by doing this..."

"How would you feel if someone you loved was just shot by someone you considered a friend!?" Diddy shot back, annoyed by her insensitivity. "This is-this is fucking crazy! Geez..."

"Let's just...try to stay calm," Rosalina tried to suggest, but her voice was lost among the many people arguing.

"ALRIGHT ENOUGH!" Bowser roared, intimidating them all into silence. "Look, I'm sorry, okay? But the sacrifice was necessary. So let's all just stay calm, and-"

The lights blacked out once again, and the minuscule moment of silence was immediately replaced with screaming. Some screamed in anger or in fear, others screamed for death.

Two screams were heard, loud and clear. It was hard to differentiate between them, but
the sheer sound made everyone that was alive shudder in terror.

The lights faded back on.

Two bodies lay by Boo.

hey everyone! whoaaaa what a chaotic and tragic chapter, eh?

1) do you think bowser was justified in killing them?

2) who do you think died at the end/what happened?

3) who is the cop? mafia? nurse? veteran? bodyguard?

thanks for reading!