Chapter 7

"We were too late..."

The whole crew had gone down to the dungeon to see if Rosalina's suspicions had been correct. Unfortunately, they all saw Daisy's body in the corner of her cell. She'd been stabbed multiple times, and as Boo counted, he noted that there had been twenty eight stab wounds.

"The mafia really didn't want to leave her a chance," Boo remarked, immediately annoying the rest of the crew with his nonchalant attitude. "Oh, come on. Karma caught up to her."

"I mean, you're right," Birdo frowned, agreeing with that fact. Daisy had always been alright in her mind, but then they had all discovered that Daisy was a murderer. Death was past the line. "I liked Daisy before that incident happened. Karma's a bitch."

"I don't know whether we're supposed to feel upset about this death or not," Bowser admitted, bringing everyone's attention to him. "I mean, now we don't have to worry about bringing her to the throne or anything. But you all knew Daisy before this whole incident. Shouldn't you feel a little bit sad? I think you're entitled to."

"I-I-I've known Daisy for so long..." Luigi stammered, his eyes welling up with tears. He was still recovering from the knowledge that Mario had killed himself because of his own death, and Daisy's betrayal. But just because Daisy had betrayed them by killing Rosalina, didn't mean he wanted to see her dead. She'd still been a childhood friend. They'd done so many activities together from practically the womb- she was the courage to his fear. But now he had to be brave for himself. "I-I can't believe she's dead..."

"Sorry Weegee," Mario placed a comforting hand on his brother's shoulder. He knew the struggle of seeing death, and he himself was still recovering from Peach's murder. Although he knew he'd never recover from that. "It hurts to see her go... But we don't have to worry about the extra variable, at least. The mafia will probably be the only ones killing anything this time."

"I just..." Luigi hesitated, averting his eyes to the ground. He was annoyed at himself for feeling annoyed because she was a murderer, but he knew he was entitled since they had still been friends. "I want some time to recover from this..."

"Absolutely not! Are you daft?" Pauline immediately shot down Luigi's small request, but with good reason. "The mafia infiltrated our ranks and you want to split up?? That's how you die! Do not go alone. We need to stick together!"

"I agree with Pauline!" Dixie exclaimed, although it was no surprise that her opinion wasn't formed off of her own thought. Dixie was infamous for being an airhead, never paying any attention and was rather ditzy. But she was the sweetest, nicest girl of the group now that Peach was dead. "It seems stupid, like a horror movie... That's how Daisy died, she wasn't with any of us!"

"The mafia are going to get us either way," Toad observed, not wanting to seem pessimistic. But he was trying to keep things realistic. "Based on previous instances, the mafia found some sort of way to kill us regardless of if we were separate or in a group..."

"Well, if we split up, it makes killing us a lot harder," Donkey Kong replied, not liking the idea of splitting up. "So we should still stay in groups."

"...C-Can we please leave this area? I-I don't want to be near her anymore," Yoshi shuddered, not because he was talking about Daisy herself, but rather her corpse. Her face was contorted into pain as she clutched her stomach, and while she had been mentally unstable for awhile, she had once been a kind friend. "I don't want to be near her dead body..."

"You heard him, let's go," Birdo agreed, not wanting Yoshi to feel discomforted. Everyone nodded, and followed the two out.

Rosalina was left alone, staring at Daisy's dead body and Mario placed his hand on her shoulder.

"We should go, Rosalina," Mario suggested, not wanting her to dwell on the fallen princess.

"I just wanted to be friends..." Rosalina said quietly, her composed nature remaining. She longed to be home with her Lumas, there was less drama there compared to with the humans. "This was... Horrible..."

"Yeah... Come on, Rosalina. There's no use wasting time on it when we need to find a murderer... We shouldn't get separated or it will be us next. Let's catch up to the group."

"O-Okay."

<><><>

"Saiko hopes that they're successful. If not, Saiko's just going to kill them all herself."

"We shouldn't have to go to those measures," Kaira herself said confidently, apparently trusting the current mafia more than the previous ones. "Besides, even if we do, I quite enjoy this game we play."

hey everyone! sorry for the long wait... i did this whole chapter all today.

happy easter!

question of the chapter: have any suspicions before we get to the actual story?

who ya think is gonna die next?

and i did say daisy would stop whining lol

also

28 STAB WOUNDS

thanks for reading :)