Chapter 3

Daisy couldn't believe it.

She, the Princess of Sarasaland, had been cuffed, arrested, and thrown into a jail cell for the crime of murder despite her victim coming back to life.

Besides that, no one had agreed with her.

She thought someone would have been able to relate, someone would share in her dislike for Rosalina. But everyone had taken Rosalina's side. She couldn't believe it. She had been there first! How could they like Rosalina more?

She didn't regret killing her- Daisy didn't really even know what was wrong with it. Rosalina had been horrible. Rosalina had always been horrible- she'd always gotten so many more experiences and opportunities that Daisy couldn't. What was it about Rosalina?

She cursed her name, banging her hand against the bars furiously.

"Rosalina...!"

On the flip side, the platinum blonde sat in a stylish guest room in the deceased Princess Peach's castle. Toadette, Dixie, Birdo, Pauline, and the Mario brothers surrounded her.

"I can't believe she would try and do that," Birdo sighed, fixing the red bow atop her head. "I thought Daisy was better than that."

"I thought she was a decent person after we were both part of the last four," Pauline admitted. "Goomba went to go protect his family, so we were like the last survivors. But now I'm finding out that she killed Rosalina over here for a bullshit reason."

"We all thought..." Toadette sighed. "Well, perhaps she could change. Maybe she didn't mean to-"

"I think she meant to...when she wrapped her hands around my neck," Rosalina replied, placing her hands over her face. "She could've taken me from my Lumas... But I feel bad for her. I want to speak to her...I want to know what I did that she...decided to kill me."

"I don't think that's a good idea," Luigi spoke up. "She could try to kill you again-"

"She'll be behind bars..." Rosalina reassured everyone. "I need to know... why she would hate me. I didn't think...that we were enemies... she misunderstood me. I meant that in the first mafia... Peach was not alive long enough to help much... but she took it as me saying she wasn't helpful... and I couldn't
defend myself."

"She tried to kill you... and you want to talk to her?" Dixie's eyes sparked and widened. "That's... so respectful of you!"

"Uh-"

"She's right, you know," Luigi agreed heavily. "I'm beside myself with rage and i'm not the one who was personally killed by her..."

"...I killed myself once I saw you die," Mario confessed to Rosalina. "It hurt to see you die after I'd just lost Luigi, and Peach was gone..." He glanced at his brother and he put a hand on Luigi's shoulder. "We both died because of her selfish actions. So if you want to talk to her, I'll go with you."

"...Okay."

<><><>

"What are you doing here?" Daisy shouted once she saw the blonde woman, but stopped once she had seen Mario. "M-Mario? Already taking her side, I see-"

"Daisy, it's not about sides."

"Yes, is it!" Daisy screeched, making the other two wince. "You all would rather have Rosalina than me-"

"It's about how you killed Rosalina, not about whether we like her more or not!" Mario snapped back, stunning Daisy into silence as Rosalina watched. Mario was her words- Rosalina was timid and socially anxious, but Mario got her thoughts out, which she definitely appreciated. "We like-liked- you guys the same amount. Now? You're a murderer, Daisy! Are you really this petty?"

"I-I-"

"No, Daisy," Mario shook his head. "I don't want to hear your excuses! You murdered someone we considered a friend, someone who helped me save Peach-your best friend- from Bowser! How do you think Peach would have behaved after she realized what you've done?"

"She...She would have been fine with it! She liked me more than Rosalina, we were best friends!" Daisy shot back after a brief moment of hesitation.

"Daisy, why don't you get it...?" Mario sighed. "It's not about who she likes more, it's about that you killed someone! You're... you're just as bad as the people who did that sick game with us!"

"How dare you even compare me to-"

"I never thought we were best friends..." Rosalina interrupted Daisy nervously. "Or anything close to it... but for you to k-kill me...? How could you..?"

"Oh geez," Daisy scoffed. "Don't pull this on me, it's not going to work. How could I? You took all the spotlight from me and you-you're just a princess in the middle of the galaxy! You don't even belong here!"

"I-I-I know that..." Rosalina looked away anxiously. Confrontation was terrifying for her, and she hadn't interacted with humans in so long that she was finally getting a glimpse of an angered mortal. "I-I thought we could b-be... friends the few times I visited..."

"Rosalina, let's go. We're wasting our time here," Mario shook his head, not letting Daisy even answer. "I think we can both see that we're not going to make any progress here. She's crazy and we're putting you at harm."

"O-okay..." Rosalina nodded, although she still wanted to talk and figure out why Daisy hated her so much.

"Y-you scum! Both of you!" Daisy screeched from inside her cell as the others walked away. "Let me out of here! Now! Don't you dare walk away!"

hey everyone! hope you enjoyed the chapter. don't worry for you daisy lovers, her bitching will stop soon. on the bright side, she's had three chapters of attention, yeah?

the roles to this are: 3 mafia, 1 cop, 1 nurse, 1 vet,  and 1 bodyguard.

any suspicions?

thanks for reading!