Chapter 6

"Th-this can't be happening... n-not again..." Birdo cried out, clenching her fists in distress as Yoshi attempted to comfort her. She was shaking hysterically as she tried to keep herself from sobbing. "N-no. No! I thought it was all going to be over... why can't your guards do their job and just find this-this bitch!?"

"They're trying!" Mario shook his head in frustration. This was definitely not what Peach had wanted, he knew that for sure. He had to uphold the princess' legacy, but it was growing increasingly difficult as the situation around them grew worse. "We no longer have connection to them, I would assume... it's on them to find Kaira, and stop this madness."

"Who cares about Kaira right now?" Toadette shrieked, her normally calm mentality gone as the stress of everything around her began to take its toll on her and everyone else. "We are going to die, regardless! There's three mafia among us already... Even if Kaira is found and killed, her members will murder us! We're going to die!"

"N-no, we're going to be fine..." Diddy reassured, his voice shaking. He wasn't sure if he was trying to reassure himself or the others. Luigi said nothing, but he was shivering uncontrollably. Everyone was terrified of death. They'd been saved the past two times, but if there were no survivors of the group, who would be around to save them?

There was also the shortage of one up mushrooms that threatened their very existence. They'd already been rare to begin with, but now, no one was around to procure them. The threat was very much real.

"...We just got the treaty between all of us, and that girl just had to ruin it?" Bowser growled, shaking a fist in the air. He was frustrated, they all were. "I swear, when the guards find her, I'm going to pummel her myself!"

"You'd die before you could," Boo reminded his friend, sticking his tongue out tauntingly. He wasn't trying to provoke a fight, but his action pissed everyone off. "We should be focusing on trying to figure out who the mafia are."

"How do you suppose we do that?" Donkey Kong questioned, crossing his large arms.

"Pfft, I have no idea!" Pauline scoffed, narrowing her grey eyes at the ground. She stomped her foot slightly in annoyance at their circumstances once again. "I'm never coming back to this castle ever again. It's not like if we ask everyone, people are going to answer truthfully!"

"There's three mafia among us who want us all dead for some reason," Toad said, as levelheaded as usual. His ability to think in a tight situation was extremely gratified. "If we try to think of the reason, then perhaps we'd find the mafia!"

"Good point, Toad!" Yoshi said encouragingly, trying to ignore his fear and become a key part of succeeding in their goal. He took a deep breath, and then placed a comforting arm around Birdo. "We are going to figure this out, and we are going to be okay. It's all going to be okay."

"Is it?" Boo countered, the cynical one of the group. "It doesn't seem like it. We're all going to die. Again. Boohoo."

"Shut up, Boo! That sounds so suspicious of you!" Birdo narrowed her eyes at the ghost, already pointing fingers. "Why would you say that?"

"It's just his form of humor," Bowser sighed, reminding them of Boo's unconventional humor. He began pacing the room in anxiety. "Although, we need to work on actually finding the mafia this time."

"I-I agree," Dixie chimed in nervously, twiddling her thumbs to try and keep her fear in check. "We can't just sit around anymore... Something must be done."

"Well, does anyone have any clues towards someone's suspicious behavior?" Mario questioned, taking the leadership role once again. "Personally, I don't have any clues yet..."

Everyone agreed with Mario, glancing around nervously. They had only come to make an alliance, but the mafia would not allow this action.

"...wait... everyone..." Rosalina's eyes widened.

"What?"

<><><>

Downstairs, held in the dungeon of the Mushroom Kingdom, the lights had turned off. While everyone had been freaking out upstairs, they had completely forgotten about the princess of Sarasaland.

"Daisy...you must die," One of the mafia snickered as the orange clad princess screamed for her life. Entering her cell, she was able to kick and punch, but she was no match for three mafia against her. She screamed and cried as she was stabbed, over and over again.

"P-please..." She begged as she curled up on the ground, the mafia leaving with no remorse. The lights turned back on, finally.

But she was already dead, and they had completely forgotten about her.

hey everyone! so i did say that daisy got three chapters of attention. lol.

i'm really surprised/proud no one told me to update this book when i haven't updated in awhile.

any ideas on the mafia yet?

thanks for reading!