The Confrontation - 9

A fox hunts a mouse. If the fox is hungry enough, it will never stop hunting that mouse.

Akihiko sure has a scary expression on his face, Y/n mused as he walked backwards along the sidewalk. The dark-haired boy's brows were drawn together and a rather intense expression tightened his features.

Y/n might've been exaggerating before when he rushed Akihiko out of the shower seeing as they had about fifteen minutes before the first bell even rang, but maybe it was some kind of survival instinct telling him not to let the psychopath be alone for prolonged periods of time. Especially in a place where deep thinking usually occurs (a.k.a. the shower).

The (h/c) boy blew a breath up to his bangs. He was curious about the date and whatever the hell happened to Akihiko because of it, but what was he going to do? Hold a box cutter up to his neck and demand answers? Obviously not; he wasn't Akihiko. Y/n was normal, peace-loving second year student. Akihiko's continued silence on the matter though kept gnawing at him.

I just have... Y/n studied the other boy's face.

...A really bad feeling about all of this.

However, he just sighed and kept walking to school, Akihiko several steps behind him.

"Hey Takeshi," Y/n set his bag down on his desk.

Takeshi was already seated as his desk. He spared a small smile for Y/n. "Hey Y/n."

The (h/c) boy paused at the thin tone. "...Er, is something wrong?"

"You never replied last night," Takeshi mumbled before his eyes widened. "I mean, not that you have to or anything. Ahh," he rubbed the back of his neck. "You were probably busy or something — "

The other boy was interrupted by the classroom door slamming open. Y/n took in Chiyo's round face with no more attention than usual — well, until he noticed Akihiko out in the hall behind her. Add to that, the girl was stomping her way right to him, face red with fury.

Y/n abruptly backstepped as the girl rose a single finger and jabbed it at him.

"And you," Chiyo spat. "You're just as sick. Just as — just as twisted! How could you be friends with someone like that?!"

Y/n's eyes found Akihiko's over the fuming girl's shoulders. He had the sickening go-to assumption that someone was, god forbid, dead, but then he quickly dialed it back.

Y/n felt like he would be getting a little more than a finger jabbed into his chest if someone was dead. Like he would be getting the police in all their glory, his hands cuffed, and being carted away with the conviction of being Akihiko's murder/stalker buddy hanging over his head. Yeah, this decidedly did not feel like that.

Confusion marred Y/n's face. "I'm not quite following you. What's this about?"

"Like you don't know!" Chiyo shoved Y/n hard enough he had to catch himself on the desk behind him. "You're fucking sick," she snarled. "Probably a pervert like your friend over there! You're lucky Miho didn't go to the police with this! I would've!"

Y/n immediately searched for Akihiko's eyes again. The (h/c) boy's expression was a perfect rendition of, "what the fuck is she talking about right now?" and "what on earth did you do?"

Akihiko managed an entirely blank visage in return.

Y/n's mood took a sharp nosedive. Everyone in class was now watching, giving both Chiyo and himself strange, owlish looks.