Chapter 42

*I listened to What Would You Do & Of The Night - Bastille when writing

This part is 5 pages long on web format.*

Night 10

Another night, another meeting at the communal warehouse, ready to be tortured into getting out of this life. As always, the first point of meeting was George’s place, to prepare some kind of fight plan which never went as anticipated, instead it only ended up back firing on them in the end. However much they tried to prepare for the night ahead, they never knew what was going to be asked of them, never knew what was going to be placed before them.

George slouched back on the sofa, as usual, spinning his phone around his hand, trying to fight every urge in him to dial the number of the name he dared not mention around the others. He missed her, he missed her more than he could put into words but he couldn’t go back to her, not just yet. They were getting so close, there weren’t many more nights they had to give up and then they could be together.

Jess was stood in the doorway, her hair hanging off her right shoulder as she pursed her lips. Running her thumb across the top of her nails, she looked up, her eyes meeting with Joe, whom was sat across the room from her.

“Where’s Jay?” She asked.

“I don’t know…” Joe sighed, genuinely sounding tiered with everything, disappointed that Gibson wasn’t here with them right now.

“He wants us to trust him and he doesn’t even fucking turn up.” George spat, standing to his feet.

“We can trust him!” Jess hissed, then paused and bit her lip.

No one answered, just the eerie silence surrounding the room. No one knew what to believe anymore, no one knew what the hell was going to happen by the end of this week, but what George knew, was he had one goal.

He was going to come out of this alive, with the wedding waiting for him. He was going to ensure he had Isabella every way he had ever wanted her and no shitty gang life was going to stop that.

“Look…” Matt spoke up, all eyes looking to him. He was here with them, for now anyway. “They’re going to get you to fight against each other tonight and then hand over those important names you do business with. That’s all.”

They all knew the names he was referring to. There was no chance in hell you wouldn’t if you lived this life. This gang had always been on top, and even though now there was just half of them, they still were, and that was due to that list. The list of important names that held all their tricks. They people whom they worked with, who no one even knew existed, were on that list. They were like ghosts but they held so much power that anyone giving over that list, had to be serious on their decision.

“It will be easy so don’t cause a fuss or they’ll just make it worse for you. Alright?”

“Yeah…” George responded, as Matt signalled a brief good luck to them all and then left the house, heading back to the life he was supposed to be a part of, but had been hiding from instead.

*

Driving through the town, it was then George came to a sharp stop, pushing on the break as all bodies flew forward.

"What the hell man?" Joe huffed, rubbing his neck.

"One minute." Was George's quick response before he got out the car and began heading for some bodies in the distance.

"Isabella!" He called, receiving a swift head turn from herself.

She was stood with Sophie and others, coming out of the local bowling alley and she looked a little more than surprised to see him.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"On my way to the..." He paused, leaving Isabella to fill in the blanks, considering it wasn't just Sophie she was with.

"Who are these?" George's voice sparked up from casual to agitate within a few seconds.

Turning around and following his line of vision, she knew just where it would be directed.

"This is Adam, Sophie's friend." She pointed to the guy with a beanie covering his head. "And this is Oliver, also one of Sophie's friends."

The tone in Isabella's voice said all that needed to be said. She knew what he was thinking and the last thing she needed was currently a good night, ending with both guys knocked out on the floor.

"Is that right?" He raised a brow, his jaw clenching as he looked to both males.

"Yes. Now can I talk to you?"

Biting her lip, Isabella faintly smiled back at Sophie, signalling that she needed a minute before dragging George by his arm over to the side.

"George."

"Looks more like double dating to me." He continued to pester, causing agitation to run fiercely through a usual calming Isabella.

"George."

"I said we shouldn't be together for now, I didn't quite imply, ‘go fuck around with other bastards.’ Now did I?”