Chapter 31

“Geez, slow down. What's the rush?!”

Isabella remained on her hospital bed, sat, this time, rather than lying down, watching George race around the room like his arse was on fire.

It had been 3 weeks. 3 long agonising weeks of her body feeling as though it was shrivelling into a hunched over mess. She had barely been allowed to move from the not so comfy sheets, and boredom had become one of her biggest challenges.

George had spent a lot of nights with her. Taking any moment he got free from the gang, to hang out with her at the eerie vibe of the hospital. It meant that she had company, but it also meant she constantly felt bad about him having to hang around. He had nothing to do and she spent a lot of time sleeping. However, he was still adamant that he would remain with her every moment he could.

George had also been to see his brothers once more in between visiting Isabella. Once in the whole three weeks hadn't necessarily been enough for him, but things had been tough. Heather had spoken to Eric about the whole ordeal, but it hadn't gone down well. He had been fuming that she had gone behind his back to arrange the whole meeting and claimed it wasn't safe.

He was partly right, you couldn't disagree with that fact. I mean, Heather wasn't fully aware of what George was doing with his life. She wasn't aware that he was still apart of a gang and spent the majority of his life watching his back. It wasn't safe for his brothers to be involved in that, but now that he had them back in his life, he refused to let them go.

“I can't wait to get you out of this shitty place.” Was George's reply as he literally lifted Isabella up from the bed, so he could make sure they had packed all of her belongings up, before placing her back down.

“Hey, it wasn't too bad...” Her voice was so unconvincing and so was the cheeky smile aimed in his direction.

Pausing and looking over at her he held up his middle finger, and pointed to it.

“Do you know what this right here is?”

Isabella just frowned, watching over at him like he had lost his mind.

“This right here is my finger, and what does this finger mean you ask?”

“Actually I didn't a...” She began before he quickly cut her off.

“This finger means bullshit. What you just said was bullshit, utter, utter bullshit.”

Putting his finger back down, he ran a hand through his hair as a burst of laughter came from Isabella's lips, her head tipping back in hysterics.

“What the hell was that George?” She barely managed to force out through her laughter.

“My bullshit finger.” He replied, as if it was totally normal.

She had no following answer to give, her stomach felt like it was caving in and her eyes were streaming. It wasn't so much of an innocent gesture, I mean, he did just pretty much swear at her, but in George it looked so innocent. The fact that he wasn't intending to be funny, yet the whole thing was hilarious, made it adorable.

“What even is a bullshit finger?”

Shrugging his shoulders, he pulled a packet of cigarettes from his jacket pocket, followed by fishing for the lighter that had seemed to vanish in an invisible hole.

“Calum taught me it. I thought it was pretty cool.”

Isabella's eyes widened.

“Your thirteen year old brother taught you about the bullshit finger?!”