Chapter 29

Pulling up outside the gang house, Jay struggled to look at it the same. He had spent most of his life living with these guys, they were his family... yet they'd betrayed them. As much as he didn't want to admit or show it, it bothered him, and it was like one huge kick in the face.

"Hey man. Where have you been?" Matt asked as Jay walked through the door.

Doing everything in his power not to shoot a bullet right through his chest, he just shrugged.

"Just out, the usual."

They had decided it was best to act as if they didn't know for now. It wouldn't be safe to announce they knew they were lying with everything going on.

"Nice." Matt replied, pressing his lips to Juliet's, making Jay want to punch him right where her mouth had been. "I'll say bye before I go." Jogging up the stairs, he didn't say anything else, shutting his door behind him.

"Juliet." Jay half whispered, aware Matt could be listening.

She looked a little shocked that he was talking to her, the two usually only confiding when they had to.

"You need to leave with me now."

Her head snapped up at his words and she suddenly looked terrified.

"Yup I knew it, now I look like a fucking kidnapper." Jay mumbled under his breath.

"What are you talking about?" Juliet asked, literally holding the drink she had in her hand even closer, like that was going to work as some sort of protection from Jay Gibson.

Before he could begin to explain, Nessa, the female in which had been referred to as 'his new slut', and whom was in fact the female he was trying this new tamed Jay with, appeared behind her.

“What the fuck are you doing here?”

“Nice to see you too.” She bit back, amused tone in her voice.

“She's staying with me because Matt's going out and I didn't want to be alone.”

Not even taking a second thought to process what had been said, he shook his head, heading for a draw in the living room. Pulling it open he began taking out a number of weapons they had stashed in there, packing them all up into a bag.

Both eyes of the females were watching him with fear and confusion, unaware of what this crazy being had taken to put him so on edge.

"Look, you're going to think I'm fucking insane and you can blame Jess Montague for making me come and not her...” He began, turning his attention to Juliet. “but.. Joe Roads, Isabella's brother, is back and he's warned us that Russle and the others can't be trusted."

Once Jay had finished what he was saying, he knew the kind of reaction he would be faced with, and he got just that. Juliet stared at him like he was losing his mind, with the words 'what are you talking about'? followed after, in a disturbed tone.

"Matt Russle, that guy you call your precious boyfriend, is not on our side.”