Extra Chapter 11: True Colors

The next morning, I woke up and Carlos was gone. I start to freak out but then my door opened.

"Get dressed I have a surprise for you," Carlos said as he walked inside. I nodded my head and I went and took another shower and I got into comfortable clothes. When I came out Carlos was sitting on the couch playing with his phone. He looked up when I walked in. "You ready to go?"

"Yes, where are we going?" I asked.

"If I told you it wouldn't be a surprise," Carlos said as he grabbed my hand leading me outside. Then we headed to his bike. "We need to ride for a little bit." Carlos handed me my helmet. I put it on as he put on his. We both got on the bike and I wrapped my arms around his waist. "Hold on." Carlos started the bike and I could feel the wind around us. He started to go faster, and I grabbed tighter. I felt him chuckle. Then we were at a part of Auradon I haven't been to. We both got off the bike and put our helmets on the bike Carlos started to lead me somewhere. I watched him smile. I felt like I didn't deserve him after everything that has happened, I wonder why he stays. Carlos must have seen my face down because he came back and started to sing.

Carlos: ♫You with the sad eyes♫♫Don't be discouraged, oh I realize♫♫It's hard to take courage♫♫In a world full of people♫♫You can lose sight of it all♫♫The darkness inside you♫♫  Can make you feel so small♫

♫Show me a smile then♫♫Don't be unhappy♫♫Can't remember when♫♫I last saw you laughing♫♫This world makes you crazy♫♫And you've taken all you♫♫Can bear♫♫Just, call me up♫♫'Cause I will always be there♫ *Lily cracks a smile as Carlos leads Lily down a path*

♫And I see your true colors♫♫Shining through♫♫I see your true colors♫♫And that's why I love you♫ *Carlos starts to spin Lily around. Then they start to dance together as Lily joins Carlos in singing*

Lily: ♫So don't be afraid to let them show♫

Both: ♫Your true colors♫♫True colors are beautiful♫

Carlos: ♫I see your true colors♫♫Shining through (true colors) ♫♫I see your true colors♫

Both: ♫And that's why I love you♫♫So don't be afraid to let them show♫

Carlos: ♫Your true colors♫

Lily: ♫True colors are beautiful♫

Carlos: ♫Like a rainbow♫

Lily: ♫Oooooh oooooh oooh like a rainbow♫

Carlos: ♫And I see your♫

Both: ♫true colors♫♫Shining through♫♫I see your true colors♫♫And that's why I love you♫♫So don't be afraid (don't be afraid) ♫♫To let them show♫♫Your true colors♫♫True colors are beautiful♫♫Like a rainbow (Oooh) ♫

"I will always be here. Don't forget that," Carlos said.

"Why are you with me? You could have anyone else. Why did you choose me?" I ask as we get to a picnic area with a stream flowing nearby.

"I am with you because I love you. I see true side of you. I see your true colors. I know the real you. I see you faults, and I love them. I love the way your face gets when you are excited. I love the way that no matter what you feel you speak your mind even if it will hurt someone. I fell in love with you because you are the person, I can see myself spending the rest of my life with," Carlos said as I start to blush.

"I love you too."

"No big speech for me?"

"Sure, I will tell you. I love that you are kind despite your past. I love how you take care of Dude and how sweet you are with animals. I love how you will take charge if you need to. Like protecting me or your family."

"I see your True Colors Lily and that is why I love you. I did all of this to say I'm sorry for how I treated you."

"Carlos that wasn't your fault. I will always forgive you especially if you have been spelled. You had no control over your actions."

"I know that, but I have this guilt because you cried. I don't like to see you cry."

"Carlos come here," I said as Carlos came close. I grabbed his face and kissed him. It then turns into a make out. When we came up for breath. I told him I loved him, and nothing will change the way I feel. We ate the food he brought, and we watched the wildlife until the sun started to set and then we headed back, and I feel asleep on Carlos' chest as he talked into the night.

Author's Note: The song is 'True Color' this version is from Trolls. This is my favorite song.