Extra Chapter 3: Birthday Party for Jane and Me

For my first birthday with the VKs I wanted something small as did Jane, so we decided to put our birthdays together since they were about a couple of weeks apart.

"So, where do we want to have it at?" I asked Jane as we were in Ben and my office trying to plan the party.

"How about the Enchanted Lake?" Jane suggested.

"I like that. Maybe a picnic with our closest friends?"

"Yes, so who do we invite. I know Ben, Doug, Lonnie and if you don't mind Nick."

"For you. You can invite Nick I won't mind. How about Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos?" I said.

"Should that be everyone?"

"Everyone would be paired up. Ben with Mal, Evie with Doug, Lonnie with Jay."

"Nick with me and Carlos with you."

"That is why you want Nick there isn't it?"

"Maybe," Jane said as she blushed. "Now to the rest of the party."

Before we knew it. Jane and my birthday get together had come. It was nice to have it small that way we could just enjoy our birthdays instead of everyone making a big fuss.

"We are so glad to have you here now let's have some fun," Jane said to everyone as they cheered. "Lily we have a special present for you. It has to be given before we eat."

"Why me?" I asked.

"Because everyone here wanted to do this for you," Mal said.

"You deserve it," Doug said. Then everyone was in swimming clothes.

"No. I am not ready," I said trying to back away, but Carlos stopped me.

"Lily it is okay. I will be there the whole time. We will take it step by step," Carlos said I nodded my head as I took of my clothes that had a swimsuit underneath them. Evie insisted I wear it. Carlos lead me to the water, and I sat down and everyone was already in the water goofing off. Carlos went into the water and dove under the water and then coming out completely soaked and water dripping off him. I need to get over this fear so I can see that sight again.

"I don't know about this. I can't breathe," I said starting to hyper ventilate and the world spinning. I hear shouts of my name, but I can't make out who is calling me.

"Lily slow breathes with me," I hear Evie say. I try and follow her the best I can. The world comes back into view.

"What happened?" Jay said.

"She had a panic attack. We took this too fast," Ben said.

"Lily I am sorry I rushed you I should have talk to you about this first," Jane said.

"No, it is my fault I suggested it," Carlos said.

"It is no one fault I get that you just wanted to help. But it seems I will never be off this fear," I said standing up, but someone grabbed my hand and spun me around.

"Lily if you are okay with it, we will take it from the hill and start from there but only if you trust me," Carlos said rubbing my back.

"Since all of you really want me to try again. I will for you guys," I said breaking from Carlos' hug and pulling him to the hill. Everyone else went as played in the water ignoring us so Carlos could get my attention on just him.

"We are going to take this as slow as you are comfortable with. If you feel like another panic attack is coming, we will stop and back up. Sound good?" Carlos said. I nodded my head ready to tackle this fear and not let it in control anymore. I looked at the sky first. "No storms are coming I made sure of it. Now just take it one step at a time. Listen to my voice focus on me." I looked at Carlos' face and he was smiling to reassure me that he would be there the whole time. Then my fears for the moment disappeared.

Then we got to the water. "Lily this is the hard part okay. All you have to do is get into the water. I will never let you go," Carlos said.

"If you go under we are all here to bring you back up," Ben said coming to the edge of the water.

"We promise nothing will happen to you," Evie said. Everyone else nodded.

"Okay, I think I am ready Carlos and Ben come with me please," I said.

"Sure cus," Ben said as he got out of the water. Ben went to me left side and Carlos was in front holding my right hand.

"Just take it nice and slow," Carlos said as we reached the water.

"Now it is a little cold," Ben said as I touched the water.

"The cold never bothered me," I said quoting my mom.

"Just like Aunt Elsa. You are doing great," Ben said. Soon the water was up to my waist I got a little scared and jumped onto Carlos.

"I got you Lily. Nothing to be scared of we are all here for you," Carlos said as his arms wrapped around my waist. I let go and Carlos slowly let me back down into the water.

"Can we just stay right here?" I asked.

"Yes, we don't have to do it all at once," Carlos said never letting go of my hand. Everyone was happily playing around me. I guess the water isn't so bad. I decided to ignore to water for the moment and splashed Ben and Carlos.

"Hey someone is feeling good," Ben said.

"I feel great as long as I can stand up," I said chuckling. "Carlos you can let go."

"Are you sure?" Carlos asked. I let go of his hand and jumped on his back. Carlos feel to his knees in the water I hit the water and went under. But I came back up when I did everyone had worry on their faces. I used my powers to push water at them. I started laughing and everyone else did too. Carlos came over to me and picked my up and spun me around.

"I am so proud of you," Carlos said as he hugged me.

"I am not afraid of the water. Thanks to all of you," I said.

"Want to learn how to swim now?" Jay asked.

"One step at a time maybe after lunch. Last one there is a..." I said.

"Rotten apple," Mal, Jay, Evie, and Carlos finished for me as we ran to get lunch. They did teach me how to swim after we ate and hung out for a while. I felt like I could take on the world. Nothing could go wrong but in a couple of months I would be proven wrong.