chapter 10.

ALESSANDRA

I was staring at him waiting for him to do something.
I looked into his eyes trying to find any indication of what was wrong.
But that was a mistake.
His eyes were cold and icy, almost distant as he glared at me, full of anger.

I got up and ran out of the room wanting to escape the tension and embarrassment I was feeling.

I don't know what's wrong with me.

Why should I feel embarrassed? I just kissed him. Isn't that what a 'slut' is supposed to do? Kiss, fuck and be used to his pleasure.

I scoffed. I am not a fucking slut.
I went to the guest bedroom, where I knew nobody slept and crawled into the bed. I needed to sleep since I was going to sneak out later in the day.

I had to buy a new phone and find away to recover my stuff, no matter the cost.
I crawl under the covers and fell asleep almost instantly.

I sat straight up, heaving from the nightmare I had. Fuck. I checked the time on the clock next to the bed and saw it was only 2 am.

Might as well leave now. I thought to myself.

I got up and took out black leggings. I tucked my black sweater into it. I pulled on a pair of black old school Vans and checked the hallway outside my room.

I locked the door and quickly hopped off the balcony, not thinking twice before I jumped over, falling 2 stories.

I landed painfully and groaned. I guess I was out of practice since I hadn't trained in like a month.

I stood up and noticed there were a few dogs around me, growling.

"Down" I ordered them standing up and waking past them. I let out a low whistle, that I was taught by the trinity. They started whining as they laid down, their ears flattening against their heads.

I felt really bad since they were all so cute, but ignored it as I continued to the perimeter.
Once I got to the tall wall that surrounded the estate I took a few steps back.

I ran fast, hopping up the wall and flipping myself over the electric fencing, the same as the first night.

I landed gracefully this time, expecting the hard landing. And quickly jumped up, running toward the main road.

That shit was too easy. And I knew it, but I didn't want to accept it. I also knew I didn't have much time before Emiliano would find me and drag me back to his estate.

By the time I got to the mall it was already 6am.
I had by jacket zipped up to my chin as I walked though the empty parking lot.

The mall was already open, but there was absolutely no cars in the parking lot.
I went to a payphone at put in a few quarters, dialing Louise's number to come pick me up.

"Hello?" Louise asked as he answered.

"Hi Louise. It's Alessa" I replied. "I was wondering if you could come fetch me from the Galleria Vittorio oh and and please stop by my apartment, the pin is the same, and get my black card from my purse on the kitchen counter? "

There was a long silence, before he answered.

"yeah I'm on my way now" he said hoarsely.

**

I waited about half an hour before his car pulled into the lot.

"Hey" I greeted walking up to him.

"Alessandra" he said softly with a smile.

I couldn't help but love his smile. We broke up in bad terms, it was the typically cheating scenario except instead of me being heart broke and having to find out the hard way. He came clean and told me he didn't want to be with me anymore.

"Can we talk over coffee?" he asked stuffing his hands into his pocket. I nodded walking next to him.

We went to Starbucks and I ordered a double chocolate chip grande with a pump of vanilla and almond milk while Louise just ordered an espresso.

"Alessandra. I-I need to tell you something" he sounded so sad, I almost wanted to hug him. Almost.

"What's wrong Lou?"

There are tears in his eyes now.

"Alessandra. I miss you so much. I know we won't get back together, but I really want you to forgive me so we can be friends." he begged.

"Aww Lou. I already forgave you a long time ago. But what happened with Lucia?" I ask him.

"After we split she and I started going out. I thought she was so great whenever we would meet for a quickie. But when I started dating her..... God she was just awful. So I left her as well" he explained, scratching the back of his head.

That's when in noticed it. The scars on his arms. I almost missed them.
"Louise." I said sternly grabbing his hand. "Self-harm? Cutting yourself?" I asked in disbelief.

I can see his about to breakdown.
"Let me shop quickly for the stuff I need and then we can go to your car to talk. Okay?" I ask him, holding his hand.

He nodded.

After we paid for the coffee I went shopping for some clothes and a new iPhone 14 and an iPad.

We had breakfast at a small diner outside the mall and then went back to his car to talk.

I sat in the passenger side with my legs criss cross, facing him. He sat straight in his seat and stared at the steering wheel not meeting my gaze.

"Louise." I said softly reaching to touch his knee. He sighed and turned to face me.
"I just don't know what to do, Al" he said soflty with tears in his eyes.

I felt my heart break for him. I didn't think twice before hugging him tightly.

"It's okay. Just tell me what happened since we last spoke. We may not be on the best of terms, but we can still be friends" I told him still hugging him.

"Thank you."

I pulled away from him sitting back in the passenger seat, waiting for him to talk.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT.