27- Father Fetish

27

I don’t care.

I don’t care.

I don’t care.

I kept chanting the words over and over again as I drove back home from my sister’s house. Liam bid me goodbye, not without a kiss and a cupcake of course. The roads were mostly empty- thank heavens- so my ride back only took me a few minutes.

As I kicked off my shoes and greeted Bruce and Skittles, the temptation of seeing Blake started to grow bigger. Trying to push the thoughts of him aside, I fed the two wide eyes, tail waggling dogs in front of me.

The fridge was empty, except for a few cupcakes, some bacon, and ice cream in the freezer. Yes, that’s what I need. Ice cream.

I don’t care.

I went back to the living with ice cream in my hand as I searched for yet another horror movie to watch. My phone started ringing. It was Reese.

“Beth I heard Blake’s sick!” she said as soon as I answered the call.

I narrow my eyes at nothing and no one in particular. “How did you know?”

“Dani told me.” She replied. “Apparently her girlfriend works with Blake. Wait- you know?! Where are you right now?”

“At home.” I shrug.

“What?!” she shrieked making me put some distance between my ear and the device. “You know and you’re still at home? What is wrong with you woman?”

“Nothing?” I replied a little confused. There is nothing wrong with me.

“Everything!” she cried out. “This is your chance to fix whatever the hell broke.”

“There’s nothing to fix. I don’t care anymore.” Okay those were clearly lies because if they weren’t, why on earth was I inhaling ice cream and watching horror movies like I was in some kind of competition? “What’s there to fix anyways if nothing broke in the first place?”

“Chicken shit.” Reese snapped. Uh oh, she’s mad. “Go and fix things. The poor guy’s sick Beth. Go and take care of him. For all we know he’s probably unconscious and falling down the stairs as we speak. Fix things.”

And with that, she hung up on me.

A few spoonful’s of ice cream in my mouth later, I tossed the ice cream pint in the freezer and ran out of the house. I jumped in my car and drove off.

The pull of wanting to see Blake to check if he was really sick was stronger than the power of ice cream. I was driving dangerously fast, and I’m the one to say I’m not the world’s best driver. I thank my lucky stars that the roads leading to Blake’s house was mostly empty, otherwise my story would’ve stopped right here.

I was about to knock but decided not to. I stood by the door of Blake’s house, I pondered on whether or not I should be here. After what happened, I don’t think Blake would want to see me. Hell, even after what I did, I don’t want to see me either.

My hands itched to just ditch knocking and just barge in.

Taking a couple deep breathes, I made my decision and turn around. Step by step, I walked down the stairs of the front of the house. This was a terrible idea. There’s no way he’s want to see me.

I got back in my car and heaved a huge sigh and just as I was about to turn the ignition, a loud breaking sound was heard. It came from inside the house.

As if it was an automatic reaction, I jumped out of my car and sprint towards the house, not bothering to knock and just charged right in. I found Blake crouched down on the kitchen floor, picking up the large pieces of what seemed to be a glass bowl just a few moment ago. He was in pajamas and a sleeveless shirt with a robe that was going to fall off his shoulders anytime soon.