11- Are You Asking Me On A Date Bethany?

11

The thing about having your privacy when your crush lands on your boobs while playing Twister is that one: kids didn’t see that hence nothing happened, two: no one saw it either so not a single soul can pester you about it, three: you two can blush all you want and have this awkward five minutes full of nothing but silence as you try to recover from that almost near or maybe in between there sexual contact that just happened, and four: no one is there to harass you about it for probably the rest of your life and never let you hear the end of it (insert Dani and Marcus here).

So we were back in the kitchen now, the mat and the board of the Twister still on the floor, and has not been bothered to be touched since the little chest action. I had blushed real bad and due to my unlucky habit of freezing when in shock, I didn’t move a single inch when he fell on me. I didn’t even try to breath at that moment. I was stuck in the frame.

Blake on the other hand pushed himself off me when he realized where his face landed on which took about five to ten seconds. He apologized for falling, for falling one me, and for falling on me there. He broke in pink but I was already in the shade of a very ripe red tomato.

With a glass of cold water in our hands, I took a large gulp; the chilled liquid through my throat, cooling it.

“So, what are you and Allie planning to do this summer?” I asked, breaking the ice in between us, spinning the water inside the glass with the motion of my wrist.

He took a sip from his own glass. “Well Allie always stays a week with my parents then another week with Stephanie’s. It’s kind of a tradition since she was born. As for me, I have around a month’s worth of vacation leave from the company for the entire year so I usually use them during the summer. What about you and Liam? He’s still with you for two weeks, right?”

“Mhm. Unless my sister decides to travel to another place, I only have Liam with me for two weeks.” I nodded, answering his latter question. “As for my plans, I don’t know yet actually. I usually just work during the summer. No difference really.”

A grin cracked on Blake’s face when he turned to me and I already could see this imaginary light bulb on top of his head, lighting up like a Christmas tree. And it’s not one of those jaw dropping, gorgeous smiles. Never mind that, he always smiles like that but this was…a cunning smile. Like he was planning to take over the world or something like that.

“What’s with that smile? It’s kind of scary.” I told him, narrowing my eyes at his direction. “Stop it.”

He laughed, throwing his head back, his hair following the same direction. “I’m not planning evil plans Bethany.” He stated like he was reading my mind.

“Then what was with the look?”

He stopped laughing but the smile never left his attractive face. “Nothing much. I just wonder why someone as beautiful as you is still single. I’d expect you to be taken already. You’re at the peak age: twenty four. You should at least be dating, not working all the time.”

I blinked when his words sunk in. Is it really that bad that I’m not seeing anyone at this age? “That doesn’t connect the pieces on why you were smirking.”

“Well,” he placed the glass on the counter and leaned back. “I guess I should be happy that you’re not with someone. Otherwise, I won’t be here.”

I instantly dropped my gaze from him down to my lap, a blush crawling on my cheeks tinting it red. This caused him to laugh again, clutching on to his stomach for dear life as he ridiculed my problem of excessive blushing.

My mind was still in his words and he’s right. I should stop working twenty four seven and give myself a short vacation. It’s summer! It’s a great time to travel to places, go fishing, canoeing, snorkeling, going to the beach, hiking…