CHAPTER 2

Sampung araw ang lumipas matapos mangyayari ang nakakatakot na panaginip na iyon. Anyway, I was able to continue with my normal life because the little girl never visited my dreams again.

After that damned swing incident, I dreaded the things that she'll show me next. Hinanda ko na rin ang sarili ko kung makikita ko muli ang mukha niya sa susunod. But she never came. It's like she just vanished.

Gone. As if she never haunted with me in the first place.

I was anxious despite all that. It just didn't sit well with me. Imagine, after months and months of her hounding me, she'll just disappear like that? Paano kung prelude lang ito sa isang mas malaking pangyayari? Gaya nga ng sabi nila, 'the calm before the storm?'

She might be preparing to haunt me again, and this time, with dreams more intense than ever.

On the other hand, maybe she empathized with me. Maybe she saw how worn out I was and thought I needed a break so she laid off on the dreams. With the exams coming up, our stress levels were up the roof. Madami rin kaming requirements na dapat i-comply sa mga professors.

So overall, wala na akong energy na mai-invest sa kanya dahil sagad na sagad na talaga ako.

"God, I'm so tired. Gusto ko nalang matulog habang-buhay," wala sa loob na bulong ko habang nakatingin sa labas. Mukhang uulan pa dahil nagsimula nang dumilim ang kalangitan. Sabi ko na nga ba may bagyong darating.

"Be careful of what you wish for, darling," A voice from beside me sounded.

Napasimangot ako nang makita siya, "You seriously need to make a sound when you approach me. Ganyan ginawa mo samin ni Krieg last time."

That person only smiled while he took a seat next to me. His brown eyes were especially striking today.

"So where's Krieg?"

Ah. That king of idiots.

Ilang beses rin akong kinulit ng lalaki na iyon para pumunta kay Mister Doctor nitong mga nagdaang-araw pero hindi ako pumapayag. He even threatened to tell on me to Lola, but I told him that if he does that, he can never step inside my house and eat breakfast with us (the usual blackmail, of course).

Tumigil rin ito kalaunan nang ma-realize niya na talagang matigas ang ulo ko.

He's been sticking by my side for several days but not today. He even ditched the last class without even telling me where he's going.

"I don't know. Baka nambababae na naman."

Tumahimik ito nang marinig ang sagot ko. Ibinaling ko muli ang tingin ko sa labas at pinagmasdan ang unti-unting pagdilim ng kalangitan. The clouds rumbled, startling the girls in the classroom. Maya-maya lang ay pumatak na ang ulan. Kasabay nito ay ang pagguhit ng kidlat.

"Did you bring your umbrella, Victoria?"

Napalingon muli ako dito. Hindi pa pala ito umaalis sa tabi ko.

"Why are you here?"

"Just because." he responded vaguely. I wanted him to go away but I doubt he'll do as I say—

"...but if you say you don't want me here, I'll leave."

Bingo.

"Then go," I muttered, my voice flat.

The guy nodded but not before placing a red umbrella on my desk. I looked at him questioningly but he just shrugged.

"In case Krieg doesn't come back here to go home with you, just use this umbrella since you probably left yours at home."