CHAPTER 10

Oplan ekplanasyon sa tatlong mahadera was not successful.

Before I could even get a word in amidst the animated chatter between the evil trio, the door to the dressing room opened, revealing the very same subject of my throbbing headache, donned in luxurious golden robes of a royal and wreathed in his usual gentle smile.

The four of us was stupefied at first, dazzled at how Adrian looked so much like a monarch from another country.

And when I came to my senses, the three have already pounced on the poor guy, encircling him like he's the sun and taking turns to get his attention, while I just stood by and nursed my headache.

Sa lahat naman ng oras na pwedeng magpakita si Adrian, ngayon pa?

Finally, Trixie cleared her throat loudly, winking her eyes meaningfully at me, before shoving the twins out of the room. Janna and Rio protested but when Trixie whispered something to them, the twins stopped protesting and instead raised their fists and mouthed, goodluck!

"I'll leave you guys now. Take your time to flirt--I mean get to know each other, okay?" Trixie muttered, wiggling her eyebrows and grinning as if she did me a huge favor.

They really misunderstood me big time! This is why you let people finish what they're supposed to say first before you react!

Bago ito tuluyang umalis ay bumanat na naman ito.

"Amiga, galingan mo ha." Galingan saan? GALINGAN SAAN?!

Gusto ko siyang sabunutan at hilain pabalik. But she's already gone.

I groaned and clutched my head in frustration. The trio will surely set something up. I'm sure of it!

"Victoria, are you alright?"

I raised my head and weakly smiled at the source of my pain.

"No. I'm not okay at all."

Malapit lang naman akong maging kalaban ng kababaihan.

Dali-daling namang lumuhod sa harap ko si Adrian.

My breath hitched when his face swam into view. Now all I can see is how bright his brown eyes are.

And when he leaned his forehead and touched mine, I almost ascended to the ninth heavens. 

"Hmm...your temperature is okay but why are you so red?" he asked concernedly, both his hands touching my cheeks.

"Should we get you checked?" tanong ulit nito.

I shook my head and gently pried his hands. I thought Adrian will take the hint and move away from me but he didn't.

Instead, he inched closer next to my face and cupped my cheeks again.

"This won't do. Dalhin muna kita sa clinic--"

"Adrian!"

"Yes, Victoria?"

"Pwede bang lumayo ka muna sa akin?"

"Why? I don't want to though," he mumbled, sulking like a child, and tilted his head to the side, looking like a lost puppy.

I clutched my chest at this sudden attack of cuteness.

"I don't want to die an early death."

"But I'm not even doing anything," he answered, shrugging.

My nose flared at his reply. Your face is the problem, Adrian! Masyadong malakas ang pag-atake sa akin!

Resigned, I gritted my teeth and poked his forehead, lightly pushing him away from me.