CHAPTER 14

'Next time, you shall die.'

Those words kept ringing inside my head, repeating over and over like a broken record. Parang estatwa pa rin ako na hindi makagalaw habang nakapako pa rin ang tingin sa direksyon kung saan naglaho ang dalawang nilalang.

A rustling sound sounded from somewhere and in just a split second, I was able to snap out of my frigid state. I instantly gasped for air, clawing at my chest, as oxygen continued to pour in. I was acting like a drowned being, able to break free from the suffocating waves.

Legs buckled underneath me soon after, sending my entire person crashing to the rough pavement.

"Ha..." I sighed in relief, still shaken by the fact that I almost died if not for that 'interference'. Kung ano man ang tinutukoy nila, hindi ko alam.

My hands moved to my neck, caressing the torn skin with my fingers, as memories of being under the mercy of that creature surged again like waterfall.

'Next time, you shall die.'

'Yes, she will. Die, she will.'

'Next time, you shall die.'

'Die.'

'Die.'

'Die.'

Stop ringing inside my fucking head! Ayoko nang marinig ulit yon! Just fucking stop!

Anxious, I gathered my knees to my chest and cried. No, I tried to cry. But there were just no fucking tears. Putangina. Kahit umiyak hindi pwede? Bakit?

How the fuck am I supposed to vent then? Gusto ko lang naman maglabas ng sama ng loob!

I. Just. Want. A. Fucking. Break!

By now, my entire body was trembling, not because of fear, but of pent-up rage. Words can not express how angry I am right now. Just think about it:

Una, may walang kamatayan kang mga panaginip kaya akala mo may disorder ka or something;

Pangalawa, yung nilalandi mo gusto ka palang patayin;

Pangatlo, may isang babaita na nagsasabi sa'yo na hindi totoo ang mundo mo,

At huli, may mga nilalang na nilagay ka ata sa hit-list nila.

My physical body is suffering. I always feel tired and unrested. Emotional state is in turbulence. I'm experiencing different kinds of feelings and emotions and they fluctuate like hell. Don't even get me started on my mental state right now or I swear to god--

So yeah. Fun life, right?

Kaya galit na galit na ako. Alam ko naman na sinabi ko kay Krieg na ako na muna ang bahala sa sarili ko. That I'll try to take care of this mess before I ask for help. Kasi that's the most logical thing to do, right? Atleast for me.

I need to atleast try. Pero putangina why am I failing? Parang mas lalo lang akong naguguluhan habang tumatagal.

"Oh my god, I'm so fucking pissed!" anas ko sa kawalan.

Damn it. My hands are shaking so much and I'm laughing like mad again.

That rage that was bubbling inside me continued to spread from the center of my being to the tips of my toes. And then I felt like a volcano, moments away from erupting and destroying the world.

Fire and chaos.

Death and ruin.

Void and abyss.