CHAPTER 18

"Tsk," I clicked my tongue in annoyance, wiping the saliva that dripped from lips that resulted from knocking my head on the wall.

Things just kept popping out in successions, giving me no time to chill.

I know it was a good pace compared to being stuck in a comfortable bubble, but it would've been better if they just appear and not throw me in the air like I'm some doll.

No one likes to be hurt. Especially me.

Someone groaned next to me. I snapped my head towards the source of the sound and saw Adrian lying face down on the floor.

Tumama rin siguro ang katawan nito sa pader bago tuluyang bumagsak sa sahig. Dahil hindi naman ako ganun nasaktan ay naisip kong tulungan itong tumayo.

I grabbed his arms and hoisted him up, but then I remembered something: siya nga pala ang dahilan kung bakit nandito ngayon ang dalawang nilalang.

And so I let my arms fall, which resulted to him falling face down to the floor again.

"Fuck! Why'd you let me go?" anas nito na itinayo ang sarili at inihilig ang katawan sa nasirang pader.

I put a hand on my chest and said, "bakit parang kasalanan ko pa? I didn't know I have to help the person who wanted to hurt me."

Adrian sneered. "Whatever."

I chuckled before turning serious again. "But Adrian, aren't you being too pathetic?"

"Ano na naman?!"

I gave a brief glance to the two figures standing by the window and said,

"Nagtawag ka pa talaga ng tutulong sa'yo para patayin ako."

Adrian narrowed his eyes and spat the red liquid from his torn lips. I looked away automatically, breathing heavily as my head started to throb.

"Are you stupid? I never called anyone," he said firmly, his voice resolute as steel, and whispered, "I don't have the power to anyway."

"Are you acting out another play? What? To make me pity you? To help you? Oh come on, Adrian. We're past the helpless kitten act," I replies, voice laced with venom, and snickered.

Napailing lang si Adrian sa tinuran ko at pinagmasdan ang dalawang nilalang. The two were still as motionless as they could be. Na para bang inoobserbahan muna nila kami. O ako, specifically.

"I care not if you don't believe me, Victoria, but I never called for anyone...or anything."

"So ano ang ginagawa nila dito? Para mag-twerk? Para manood kung paano kita paaminin? You heard them, right? They came back to kill me. Or maybe...this must be the continuation of your act last time. Tama ba ako?"

"What the hell are you even talking about?"

"Stop feigning ignorance. Alam mo kung anong tinutukoy ko. O siguro sobrang insignificant lang ng memorya na yon kaya hindi mo na inalala," I said sarcastically before adding,

"Then let me remind you, asshole. You put on this act before that you were hurt by these creatures. At dahil mabait ako, naisip ko na namang tulungan ka kahit na hindi dapat. Pero ginawa ko pa rin. The ending was they left, but not before telling me that they will return to kill me. Pagkatapos nilang nawala ay sumunod ka. Pati na rin ang bakas ng d...d-ugo mo sa lupa. And so I concluded that it was nothing but an illusion made by you. Again. To make me question my sanity."

Adrian looked genuinely confused and I thought, wow...this guy should really get into the entertainment business. Aakalain mo talagang wala siyang kaalam-alam sa nangyayari.