"There's no turning back now" I whispered to myself

I took a deep breath and as I walked inside. I heard loud heavy metal music blaring and recognized the song to be 'Four Horsemen' by Metallica.

Suddenly, a bottle came crashing down, landing right next to me. The mutant had clearly thrown that bottle as a warning for me to not come any closer.

"I don't want to hurt you, I'm here to help," I said as calmly as I could

"Verpiss dich! Or should I say, piss off!" he yelled and threw another bottle.

This time I dodged it right as it was about to hit me.

"Please, I just want to help you with your wings," I said gently, taking a step forward

He flew down to one of the lower support beams in the ceiling so I could see him better. He had a half-empty bottle of alcohol in his hands and his wings looked even worse than before.

My breath got caught in my throat when the light from the roof hit him at a perfect angle. He really did look like an angel even in that horrible condition.

We made eye contact for a second but he quickly looked away.

He attempted to fly down from the rafters to meet me, but his wings were too damaged and he was severely wounded.

"Wait, please don't-" I said trying to keep him from damaging his wings even more

However, before I could finish my sentence, he already had landed and was standing in front of me. He grunted in pain, grabbing his shoulder with a frown.

"Who the hell are you and what do you want?" he asked angrily

"I'm just someone who understands your situation and wants to help," I said as I reached out a hand to him

He jerked back and started limping away.

"There's nothing useful you can give me. I don't want anything from you" He said dismissively.

The words stung a bit and reminded me that no matter how useful I could be to the X-men, I would never really have powers. I composed myself quickly, shaking my head and focusing on the task at hand.

"There's a place for people like you. A school. My uncle runs it. They can help you, teach you how to use your mutation for good. You can make new friends and-"

"I don't need friends, all they do is get in the way. Can't you see what they turned me into? They turned me into a brutal killing machine. That's all I know how to do - kill. So why don't you do us both a favor and go back to your little school." He sneered

"I-I can't" I stuttered, looking down.

"And why's that?" he asked, taking a long sip from the bottle in his hand.

"Because I got separated from my friends. Without them, I have no way to get back." I replied, feeling slightly embarrassed.

He huffed and began walking away again.

"Wait! Since we're both stuck here, why don't you at least let me take a look at your wings and see if I can help ease the pain," I suggested, hoping he would let me take a look.

"Fine," He said after a long moment. "But don't touch them"

I smiled gently and began walking over to him

I sat down on the ground and patted the spot in front of me, signaling for him to sit down too. He grimaced but followed my instructions and sat down.

I made sure to just look and keep my hand a good distance away. The burns that littered his wings looked terribly painful.

"Does it hurt?" I asked out of instinct.

'What do you think?" He sneered, giving me a glare.

There was no way for me to help him without touching his wings. To prevent the wounds from getting infected I could use his alcohol to sterilize them, but I doubted he would like the idea.

"I never got your name," I said as I continued to look at his wings

"Warren," He answered sharply

"I'm Cassidy" I replied

He shifted suddenly and my hand lightly grazed over his wings by accident. In a flash, he had pushed me up against the wall and had his hand wrapped around my neck.

"I told you not to touch my wings. Don't touch them EVER AGAIN!" He hissed through gritted teeth.

I hope that you guys enjoyed Chapter 3 of Archangel! If you like my story please feel free to vote. Have a great day : )

- edited 4/21/20 -