But because I was unarguably a passive person , of course I didn't refuse the offer.

I walked in and sat on the couch. "Hi Elham, I've missed you" Asma said, sitting beside me.

Aww!

"I've missed you too. How has school been?" I asked the little girl.

"School? We don't go to school here. We're here on holiday and we'll be leaving this Sunday. We're only here to visit Asaad.

Weird. Well at least it explains why the house is almost empty with just a little furniture here and there.

"So, where do you all leave then?" I asked her, curious about her answer.

She was about to answer when Aseeyah asked everyone to come to the table.

The two younger ones were the first to take a seat while I helped Aseeyah set some things on the table.

We take our seats and everyone starts dishing out their food. I was shy so i fetched the food in little quantities.

"I don't think Asaad heard me" Aseeyah muttered.

"Let me go get him!" Asma said, jumping out of her seat.

Aseeyah cleared her throat and I couldn't help but admire her beauty. She was so attractive like those supermodels one would see on magazine covers.
"So Elham, I just really wanted apologising for what happened the last time you came here. I also heard Farhanna humiliated you at her birthday party. I'm really sorry. Asaad told me what had happened and I let him know he was a jerk for even letting it happen in the first place"

Why was everyone blaming Asaad?
He did nothing wrong. I was only mad at him for not reaching out to me after what happened to see if I was okay.

"Honestly, it's fine. You don't have to. Amna has always been like that, and well, Farhanna.." I trailed off.

"Here's the thing. Farha and I used to be best of friends although I'm slightly older than her. But with time, she grew obsessed with Asaad. Elham, Farha is obsessed with Asaad"

Yes, I get the gist.

"She literally moved here because Asaad did. The worst part is Asaad doesn't even care about her existence. It has gotten do bad that she and I dislike each other now" She ranted.

Well this was definitely some interesting piece of information.

I noticed Aseeyah looking towards the staircase and I followed her gaze to find Asaad staring at us. He takes slow steps before joining us on the table.

Sitting across me, he made eye contact with me before saying "Hello Elham"
At this point, I was starting to get really worried about him. He had shed some weight and definitely not in a healthy way. His eyes looked empty, as though he were numb.

"Hi" I said, suddenly focusing on my food so well.
Everyone ate quietly since Asaad came and soon enough, the two kids ran upstairs once they were done eating and Aseeyah proceeded to do the dishes after bluntly rejecting my offer help her.

I knew he was staring at me, I could feel it , so bad that I couldn't bring myself to stand up, I kept on pretending that I was doing something on my phone.