١٦

Dedicated to @noortheamateur

Elham's POV

And of His signs is that He has created spouses for yourselves from your own selves so you might take comfort in them and He has created love and mercy among both of you. In this there is evidence (of the truth) for the people who (carefully) think." (Surah 30, Verse 21).

A week had gone by since I left my father at the park and he hadn't stepped foot in our home. I guessed he made his choice. I also didn't tell Ummi about what happened. I had paid a visit to our family doctor and he said she would need a bone marrow transplant and the chances of her surviving that was low, but possible. Since then, I couldn't bring myself to sleep at night, I would always wake up for Tahajjud and it broke my heart more when I would always hear echoes of my mom sobbing in her own Tahajjud too, Although she didn't know I could hear her.

Exams were fast approaching and i needed to start studying harder so I could get excellent grades, My goal was to be the Valedictorian of my class.

"Hi sufy" I said , waving at my phone's screen. He smiled back at me. I couldn't deny the fact that my best friend was good looking and girls loved him but because I was so used to him, he seemed regular to me.

"El, I'm officially a high school graduate!!" He yells excitedly.
I squealed, happy for him too.
"Congratulations! I'm so proud of you. Send me some pictures please!"
"Already did. How's Yas? I spoke with Imaan a few hours ago"
I frowned.
"I'll text you her number" I muttered , looking away.
"Don't tell me you're Jealous?!"

"No I'm not, and I have to go, bye" I quickly ended the call.

It was evening and I wanted going for a walk, so I headed to Ummi's room to inform her.

"Salam"
My mother turned to look at me. She was reading a book.

"Elham, I'm guessing you are going for a walk?" She asked with a smile.
I sat beside her. "You know me so well. Ummi, what would I do without you?" I asked her.
I saw a wave of sadness flash in her eyes but they were soon gone.

"My sweetheart, you're strong and independent. You can go anywhere and do anything without anyone. You have Allah, you have everything"

I stayed silent for a while, processing her statement.
Sighing , I said "I think we should definitely go
Shopping tomorrow. We could also go to the salon, get fresh haircuts, manicure, and eat at your favorite restaurant "
I said and her eyes lit up.

"Definitely. I'm so excited. Go ahead for your walk. I'll pick out what to wear" she said, clapping her hands together. I smiled and hugged her before leaving the house.

I had earphones on so I did not realize someone was calling my name until I felt a tap on my shoulder.
I quickly took out the earphones and turned.

Asaad's sister, Aseeyah was looking at me with a wide smile plastered on her face.

"Hi Elham! I thought I would see more of you in our house but turns out I was wrong" she said and I smiled sheepishly.

"Are you busy with something?" She asked me.
I shook my head slowly. "No. I was just taking a wal-"
She cut me off.

"Great! Come with me, I made something delicious for dinner"
Before I could argue, she pulled me down the street with her and in no time, we were standing in front of their doorstep.

She rang the doorbell and Asma came opening the door.

This isn't a good idea. If Asaad is around, this would be so uncomfortable.