I quietly walk over to Clary's room, slowly opening the door. Light from the hallway peaked through and shined on her back as I silently grabbed the box with the initials JC on them.

I leave the room, closing the door behind me before rushing back into mine, closing the door, my back against it, my eyes landing on Jace who sat on my bed.

Jace's eyes fell onto it, "Did you just steal that from Clary's room?-"

"I borrowed it." I corrected him, walking over to him and sitting by him, "Do you remember this?"

Jace nods slightly, "Yeah."

"Jocelyn's keepsakes from when Jonathan was a baby." I held the box, "I mean, we thought they were yours but they're Jonathan's."

Jace realizes where I'm getting at, "We can use what's inside to track him."

I nod quickly and pull it open, only to see absolutely nothing in it, "Looks like somebody beat us to it."

-

Jace pats Max's back as we walked into Alec's office as he was walking out, Alec looking between us, "Any sign of Jonathan?"

"No." Jace shook his head, holding the box, "We tracked the box itself, But it was a dead end."

We both looked back, noticing Max listening in on us. The minute Max sees us, he walks away.

"So- Valentine sent Duncan to steal a pair of baby booties?" Alec had his hands folded behind his back.

"Someone did." Jace set the box down, "Someone who wanted to circumvent us from tracking Jonathan."

"And now we have no leads on either of them." I added in, "We've got nothing."

"Actually, we have less than nothing." Alec admits, confusion crossing our features at his words, "There's something you should know."

"The Clave doesn't have the Soul Sword." Alec confesses, "They never did."

I blinked in disbelief, "So- the Clave has been lying this entire time?"

Jace remarks, "Wouldn't be the first time."

"The Clave is trying to prevent an uprising." Alec said, "If the Downworld finds out that we don't have the Soul Sword, there would be total chaos."

"But- the sword's been deactivated." I reminded them, "It can't be used on Downworlders, right?"

"Not in the way Valentine used it before." Alec told me, "But- it's still a Mortal Instrument."

Jace inhales sharply at the thought, "If you combine it with the other two Mortal Instruments the cup and the mirror he could use it to raise the Angel Raziel."

My eyebrows furrowed, "Wait- I thought that was just legend."

Alec raises an eyebrow at me, "Well, the legends are true."

"Sweet- sweet, memories." I shook my head slightly, crossing my arms as I teased quietly, earning a small smile from Jace.

"The Angel will grant him one wish." Alec continued, sighing deeply, "Anything he wants."

That's when I realize what that meant, "The end of the Downworld."

-

Dot had shown up at the Institute and told us that she was afraid that something terrible had happened to Elliot Nourse, and she was afraid she might be next.

She had shown us a mark on her wrist, and soon we were all walking down the hall, Alec and Clary joining Dot, Jace and I.

"After Elliot opened his own shop we lost touch." Clary said, her arms crossed, "But when I was little, Elliot was one of my mom's best friends."