"Not if they're looking in the wrong place." Jace inhales sharply, "Valentine used to take me to this cabin in Brocelind Forest when I was kid."

I crossed my arms as well, "And you think he's hiding there?"

"Probably not, no." Jace shook his head, "But- I bet you we find more in that cabin than we do in Staten Island."

My eyes were locked with his, "Jace, you need to tell someone."

"Yeah? I did." Jace replied, "The Clave denied my request for a portal."

I brought up a suggestion, "What about Magnus?"

"Magnus is still in the Seelie Court with Luke." Jace told me, moving around the table, "Unfortunately, portalling to Idris without approval isn't exactly sanctioned under the Accords. There's not a lot of warlocks stupid enough to risk it."

"I was thinking, if I could find a warlock that could get me close enough to the Swiss border I could hike it." Jace began to tell me, but slowly his voice became distant as my eyes were glued to the map, "It's only about 30 miles. It's a long shot, but it's the best I can come up with-"

"Jace." My voice was quiet as I noticed the gold rune on the map, "What if we don't need a warlock?"

"What are you talking about?" Jace questions, watching me as I pulled out my stele, "What are you doing?"

My hand glided on the air, drawing the rune before pushing it past Jace, a portal opening behind him, "Holy crap- I just did that-"

Jace looked back at it, speaking louder over the sound of rushing air, "That's impossible."

"It's not if I just did it-" I was shocked with myself, "You're thinking of that cabin, right?"

"Yeah- look, just wait a second, okay?" Jace said to me, but I was already grabbing his arm.

"Come on- the portal's about to close!" I pulled him through with me, before the portal closed.

I opened my eyes on the other side, and I was in water. My eyes instantly went wide, my arms and legs kicking; I didn't know how to swim properly.

When I showed up inches away from shore when I escaped Valentine's ship was a different story.

Now, I was deep in water.

I coughed, swallowing water accidentally, as I felt my lungs start to burn from the lack of oxygen that was being provided to them.

Slowly, my eyes began to roll to the back of my head, as I felt two arms grab onto my waist tightly.

Seconds later, I was on land, feeling a pair of hands on my stomach, pushing repeatedly, hearing a distant voice, "Come on, Zee-"

I suddenly coughed up water and gasped, my eyes snapping open as I rolled onto my knees, coughing and spitting out water.

Jace was next to me, him being the one to save my life, "You okay?"

"Yeah- badass Shadowhunter right here- can draw never seen before runes and kill demons but can't swim-" I coughed more, clearing my throat.

When my coughing fit ended, I sat up on my knees, looking around at the beauty of nature, "Did we make it?"

"Yeah." Jace inhales sharply, "Welcome back to Idris."

I forced myself up onto my teeth and ran a hand through my damp hair, looking around.

Jace got up as well, "I still can't believe you made a portal rune."

I inhale sharply, "I can't either."

"You don't understand." Jace's eyes locked with mine, as he began walking towards the woods, "It took warlocks thousands of years to learn how to use portals, and you just improvised one."