Chapter 4: Intertwine and connecting

Start from the beginning

"For you to be this willing to break the rule and putting yourself in a troubling situation, I guess Midoriya must be really important to you." Kirishima said with a small smile. Making up his mind, he pointing a thumb at himself. "Alright, I'm with this together with you! We'll keep Midoriya a secret from our organization. If you're going to get yourself into trouble, I'll get myself into trouble too! After all, that's what best friends are for right?"

Katsuki was left speechless. He never thought that Kirishima would join in with his decision to hide Izuku's existence from their organization. But if there's anyone Katsuki can trust to help him hide Izuku, that person would be none other than Kirishima.

"Do whatever the fuck you want. Just don't regret it later on." Katsuki said. He may sound like he didn't care but in fact, he's glad and thankful. With Kirishima helping him, it would make things a lot easier for Katsuki. For example, if Katsuki's busy with a solo mission and couldn't come back in time, he can get Kirishima to help him to look after Izuku.

"Don't worry! I'll never regret making this choice!" Kirishima grinned.

~~~

When Katsuki and Kirishima return to where Izuku is, he has already finished eating the bread and is waiting for them to return. Upon knowing that they are back, there was a look of relief reflected in Izuku's eyes, almost appear to be happy that Katsuki and Kirishima's back and won't be leaving him alone in the dark place for a long time.

Katsuki won't blame Izuku for wanting the company of other people. After all, Izuku spend two weeks in this dark, dirty and quiet place. All alone with no one to talk to.

No matter how much Izuku wanted someone to be with him so that he wouldn't be lonely, he cannot wish for it. Even if someone else happen to found him by chance, Izuku'll need to stay away because his instinct will immediately tell him that this person is 'food' and need to be killed.

"Deku, me and shitty hair had a talk just now and it was decided that I'll be taking you home with me." Katsuki said.

"Eh?" Izuku blinked.

"This is for your own good. If we were to leave you alone, nobody will be there to stop you if you were to go berserk again."

"Oh, I see..." Izuku muttered, hanging his head. Then, he suddenly thought of something and lift his head up to look at Katsuki. "B-but is it alright for you to do this? I mean, hunting and killing vampires is your job right? Will your boss allow you to... let me live?"

Damn it, Katsuki almost forgot that Izuku isn't as dumb as he look. The nerd can be rather sharp if he wanted to.

"Special case like you is different since you're holding onto your humanity, unlike most of the other turned vampires." Katsuki said, clenching his fists tightly.

Katsuki hates lying to someone, especially those that he care for. But for the sake of his childhood friend, he told a lie for the first time in his life. For the sake of putting Izuku at ease without worrying and fearing for the other vampire hunters that might hunt him down.

No... this is the second lie he has told Izuku.

The first lie Katsuki said is how he hate Izuku and how fucking disgusting he is. And Katsuki'll be telling another lie to his organization in order to hide Izuku from them.

His first lie broke Izuku's heart. His second lie is to put Izuku at ease. And his third lie is to protect Izuku from the very organization he's working for. For all the lies to be related to Izuku... Katsuki honestly don't know how he should feel about that.

"Bakugou, we'll need to leave place while the sun isn't up." Kirishima said.

"I fucking know that." Katsuki said. He's well aware that if they are going to leave, now would be the best timing. Since there other vampire hunters that's patrolling around this area.