Chapter 32: A Obsta-kill course.

En başından başla

I picked up my pack. I put it on my back. I noticed Courtney looking at Gwen and Zoey. They were giggling together.

/Corutney:"Zoey better not be forming an alliance with Gwen. Or telling her about me kissing Scott, Cameron, and Aaron. Or both! Grr! Why didn't I take that lip reading course?"\

"On your Marks. Get set. GO!" Chris blew his horn as we took off running.

Scott so far was in the lead.

"This is easy." Scott grinned.

A log then popped out of the ground and Courtney bumped right into it. The impact caused her to fall back.

Luckily I managed to catch her arms into mine.

"Courtney? You okay?" I asked concerned.

"Yeah. I guess." She rubbed her head.

I assisted her and we continued to navigate through the tires. With due time, we managed to get through.

We saw Gwen and Zoey laughing together while climbing the wall.

"You two better not be talking about me kissing Scott, Aaron, and Cameron!" Courtney exclaimed.

How does Zoey know about all the kissing stuff? Maybe Courtney told her this morning? Eh, either way I guess she knew.

Gwen gasped.

"You kissed Cameron?" Gwen asked.

"Not only that, she kissed him while we were going out!" Scott called out.

"For the last time, he kissed me!" Courtney stomped.

I grabbed Courtney's arm.

"Come on. We don't have time for this. We have a race to win." I stated as I headed us in the direction of the ropes.

"If we survive this, you and I are having a little chat Courtney." Gwen told Courtney as she heavily sighed.

/Aaron:"Why is Gwen so mad about Cameron kissing Courtney? What did she like him or something?"\

Me and Courtney started to climb up the ropes as fast as we could. Scott was following us but the rope he was climbing zapped him.

After getting to the top, I hopped down and landed a bit heavy but nothing too bad. A bit steep but still. Not so bad.

Courtney smoothly jumped down and followed behind me. We made it to the snapping bars.

I put Courtney on my shoulders and climbed up for the both of us. I let her start crossing over first and I followed behind her.

I honestly can't stand these bars. They annoy my hands, but mentally complaining about them won't get me far.

I kept following behind Courtney. A turtle hopped up and bit her leg. This broke her concentration, causing her hand to slip off the bar.

I quickly grabbed her arm, preventing her from falling into the pond.

"You Alright darling? I mean, Courtney?" I stammered.

"Yeah. Nice catch." She blushed."Ow."

She noticed the turtle still biting her. She forcefully kicked it off. But since I'm still holding onto her with one hand, I can't go any further on the bars.

"Got any ideas?" Courtney asked.

"Yeah. I have a few. Here. Climb up." I told her.

She put one of her hands on my shoulder. Then moved the hand I was holding to my other shoulder and moved up to my height.