⊱⊰ 43: Risk ⊱⊰

Start from the beginning

The team agreed and followed Garoh's lead. They decided to revisit the areas they had passed by with their guide that afternoon. Since those caves had illumination, it would make it easier to examine their surface.

For several minutes they explored wide caves with smooth walls that were beyond they reach. They examined the glowing necklace to see if it would give them a hint. As the item didn't show any changes, the team went on with their search in other visited areas. Still, Eklipta didn't show any reaction.

As the team was losing motivation, Garoh suggested them to visit new areas. Noticing that the unexplored sides had no illumination, Thelma materialized four lanterns to help them see.

They walked for several minutes, passing through areas that had narrowed paths and sharp shards decorating their surface.

"The ground is slippery here," said Garoh, holding Thelma as she almost fell, "so be extra careful."

"Okay," said Thelma as they resumed their walk. "Thank you."

As only their footsteps filled the silence with an echo, Arisa placed the lantern by her side in an attempt to see the walls of this area. The white light displayed yet another rough surface. Arisa grabbed her necklace. Still no sign.

"The Master better be in this place," said Thelma, sighing. "It would be so sad to find out that our guess was wrong after we reached so far."

"If it's really here," said Kazuya, examining yet another surface, "it will take days until we find it. This place is huge."

Arisa couldn't help but feel a bit down with Kazuya's statement. He was right. According to their guide, Mammoth Cave was so big it could become a world of its own.

"The stars really didn't want anyone to find those Elements," complained Thelma as they strolled to another side of the cave.

"Yeah," said Garoh. "I would have done the same thing; they are powerful items after all."

A quick chuckle echoed in the atmosphere.

"But Garoh," teased Thelma, "you've done it. You were a star before, remember?"

Garoh chuckled as they kept exploring the cave. Reaching a new area that was a little wider than the previous one, Garoh slowed down.

"What's that?" he asked.

Arisa wondered the same as she noticed a speckle of light coming to their way. A bark leaped Arisa's heart. It didn't take long for them to spot a few other lights flying on towards them with an extra red and blue light flashing in the darkness.

"Uh-oh," said Thelma, turning around. "They found us. Run."

The team followed her, having difficulties to increase their pace as the area was too dark and the ground slippery.

"What is it?" asked Arisa, returning her balance as she almost fell.

"Those are security robots. The ones that can fly," said Thelma quickly. "I guess the guards noticed that something was wrong and sent them here to investigate. I thought the short circuit theory would be enough to fool them."

Nervousness flowed in Arisa's veins, increasing her heart's beating rate. She hoped they would succeed escaping them since being captured would mean they would have to use another form to run away. Thinking about that other method, she thought that they would fall in a troublesome situation. Using their powers would alert Taurus that they had reached his land.

"If this place wasn't an underground area and wasn't so dark," said Kazuya, trying to keep up with the girls' pace."We could escape using flight."

Before anyone could say anything, Arisa heard a robotic voice in the background, stating that they were the Rangers of Kentucky and ordering them to stop.