Arc 2: Chapter One

"Lissana?" She raises a brow. She was just about to yell at him when Lissana ran past her and jumped into Natsu's arms.

"I haven't seen you in forever Natsu!" She cheers giving a kiss on the cheek. "I already called your mom and she said it'd be fine for me to stay here but...it looks like your caught up in family life..."

"You called my mom?" Natsu asks and she nods. Natsu sighs. "Lis, this is my fiancé Lucy and-"

"Nice to meet you Lucy, I'm Lissana, his childhood friend. I've read your book, it was really good! I hope the two of us can get along."

"I-uhm I hope we can get along as well..." Lucy shakes her hand. As Lissana goes to greet the twins, Lucy walks over to Natsu.

"She seems...nice."

"She is, she's just....a little overwhelming." Says Natsu. "I have to call my mom," he says pulling out his phone and dialing her number.

"Since you finally calling me Natsu I suppose you got my gift?"

"I don't think that's a gift mom." He says clearly annoyed. "She can't stay here mom. I'm engaged and I don't think that's cool with Lucy."

"Lucy? Oh, the girl you haven't even let me meet yet? Well, you can't just get rid of Lissana like that...but I'll see what I can do if you bring her over for dinner. Also, bring your soon to be step children!" She Cheers.

"Actually we have to talk about that too." Natsu Says.

"Understood, dinner can be next Friday, hope to see you there. Wendy and your father will be there. I'll even try and get Zeref to come with his family. Also, bring Lissana." She Says before hanging up.

"From your facial expression I'm guessing your stuck with her..." Lucy bites her lip. Natsu nods, wrapping an arm around her waist and hugging her. "Yeah...mom wants to meet you and the twins. She said she'll deal with it then."

"Oh...Oh," Lucy Says, finally realising what he said.

"This'll be my first time meeting your mother...? Do you think she'll like me? Or maybe-"

"Relax Luce, she'll love you." He Says kissing her forehead before turning to Lissana who was talking to Nashi.

"Lis, c'mon, I'll show you to your room." He says leading her up the stairs.

Once she's gone Lucy turns to her daughter, nudging her.

"You seem down...do you wanna talk about it?" She Asks.

Nashi glances at Luke before shaking her head no. "I'm fine...I need to finish my homework." She excuses herself.

And Luke couldn't help but think about that glance she gave him. What is that supposed to mean?