Chapter 42

The campus of the school is vibrant under the sunlight, and as I peer out passed my classmates playing a competitive game of soccer on the freshly grown green grass, I admire the newly constructed building and wait for Harry. Sounds of laughter and encouragement from both teams amplifies around the field as Mr. Joseph claps his large hands together to assemble a new game plan.

When I got home yesterday, my mom was awake helping Alan cook. I felt bad for leaving since it was their first day back, but we caught up on things and although the day was going horribly, it ended quite well. She told me about all the site seeings, shopping experiences, the beach, and how incredible the weather was. In just a week and a half her belly managed to grow twice it's size and she looks the happiest I've seen her in a while. I've missed the both of them and although I enjoyed Harry's company and living with him, it's nice having them back around.

He hasn't called or texted me, which is understandable, and as much as I wanted to last night, I didn't. I already intruded on a situation I shouldn't have been apart of and the last thing I wanted was to bother him. I can't remember the last time I saw him so angry and even though it was motivated by betrayal, the hurt was far more dominant than both combined.

Harry has always been the family type of guy. The idea of family just ignites every spark of happiness and positivity in him that the simplest sidetrack will tick him off. The family life is his number one obsession. He loves the idea of marriage and having a whole bunch of kids simply because he wants to give what his parents couldn't. It took me a while to figure that out, though. His childhood was fine, or so he always says, but the divorce of his parents and death of his dad really hit a big part of his heart that he wants to fix and I know he wants to do that by doing it himself.

I should've known it all revolved around his dad. Of course he had the right to be mad, of course his reaction was reasonable; he lost his one parent and didn't want to lose the other. Yes, some of the things he had said was uncalled for, but can you blame him? His entire life has been nothing but a train wreck. It has always been problem after problem after problem; the poor guy never gets a break, even with me. I just hate that his happiness is limited or taken away from him so easily. He deserves so much more and better than what he has now. Everybody has a bad past and he always feels like what happened with him, Mia, Blake, Louis, Liam, and those girls has defined his future. It's sad that someone as humble and so kind and loving could ever have life turn out the way it has for him.

If I had one wish, only one in the world, I would wish for him to be happy forever.

Crossing my legs on the ground below the bright sun and blue skies, I pick at the strands of grass, feeling the heat warm my neck and top of my head as I still sit and wait for Harry. I'm wearing his black t-shirt and my shorts and even with the thin material, I feel hot. The weather is outstanding but I already miss the cool breeze.

I'm so far away from everyone I don't think Mr. Joseph even notices that I'm not playing.

I hear grass crackling behind me but I'm too focused pulling the strands out to look and see who it is. I wouldn't mind sitting out here all day. A glass of lemonade and the view of the clouds shaping and reforming could make my day.

Instantly, I smell Harry's cologne and look up. He's in his regular attire and for first time in a what seems like months, he has his lip and eyebrow piercing in with his grey beanie on.

Wow.

"Hey." He groans sitting beside me, bending one knee up as the other stays unfolded. I want to jump on him and kiss him and hug him and tell him how much I love him, but he just got here. I'll wait a little.

"Hi." I greet diverting my attention back to the grass. I wonder why he has his piercings in.

"Are you alright?" He asks and I turn to him. His cheek looks a little bit irritated, but not as bad as I had expected. If it were me, my cheek would look as if a brick was thrown at it.