Chapter 38

The car is cool, slightly warm but the heat of the sun beaming through the glass windows of Harry's car levels to complete the comfort, and the yellow sphere high above in the blue sky greets us with a good morning smile. It's almost eight and we're on our way to school; our first day back now that break is over and I'm dreading it. We have to stop at my house first to grab my school bag but in all honesty, I'd much rather turn back and go home with Harry than to spend eight hours in a place where I feel judged and where I'm surrounded by people I don't even like. But that's life, right?

I'm a little bit sore after yesterday but Harry won't seem to stop smiling. We did it three times. Three. That's more than what we do in a month but I can't tell you why I wasn't tired. We finished the second time, rested for an hour then did it again. It was fun and carefree, he did some experiments and tried new things I really like and hope he will do again, but I wish our entire break was spent that way.

But there's no more room for dwelling or depressing, all is fine now and we should move on and spend our days with each other in happiness.

"Just your bag?" Harry pulls up in my quiet neighbourhood and parks outside my house. As usual, the street is vacant but the trees and grass are as green as ever. Dandelions and tulips are growing on gardens along with towering sunflowers and newly grown trees Ms. Sils plants every March. She's an old woman, mid seventies but I've known her my whole life. I haven't spoken to her in a while, come to think of it, I've forgotten about her existence, but her elderly giggles and stories of her days as a nurse never fails to make me smile.

"Yeah, just that." I confirm. I give him the key and he quickly hurries out while I listen to the birds chirp back and forth to each other. I wonder what it would be like to be a bird. To fly and just go anywhere you want, to fly away and hide when you don't want to face your problems; it seems like such a great superpower to have. "That was quick." I tell Harry as he sets himself back in trying to catch his breath. He hands me my brown leather bag and slides the key into the ignition and begins to drive.

"Yeah. Do you want to stop for coffee?"

"No, we're going to be late." We left the house at seven fifteen since the apartment is almost forty five minutes away from school, but even leaving early did no justice. We're going to be late anyway.

"I'm so tired," He yawns leaning against his seat and I stretch my arm over to his hair and begin to twirl his curls with my fingers. "That's going to put me to sleep."

"Should I stop?"

"No." He smiles taking an exit down an empty road, "so your parents are coming back tonight?"

"I think. Or tomorrow morning. I don't know," I shrug not actually caring at the moment, "I'll call after school or something. Was everything okay in the house?"

"Okay, and yeah."

"Good." I don't know how many times they went there or what they did, broke, or took, but I'm not looking forward to going back. Louis might have left, but Liam is still around.

I have to stop doing this to myself. They're gone. All of them. They're gone for good and I need to accept that and be happy. See what they've done to me? I'm paranoid on all four corners.

Nodding, he turns the radio on and the banging of a drum to some orchestra piece pounds against the speakers of his car, and I see the small smile forming on his lips.

"Believe it or not, classical music calms the soul, especially in the mornings. It puts you at ease." He lessons me.

"I'm sure Harry."

"Yeah, that's why I'm always calm." He couldn't even say it with a straight face.

"Right, calm."