But now, all Gaara could do was think.

"Why if it isn't the Ichibi and the Shichibi. What an honour." The man-woman bowed in mocking.

The two Jinchuuriki gritted their teeth.

"You mean the Jinchuuriki of the Ichibi and the Shichibi." Fuu corrected, being somewhat bothered by the mistake.

The person smiled, "Of course, I apologise. But I have no quarrel with you two, so if you could just point me in the direction of where young Sasuke-kun is, I would be on my way." He continued being pleasant, Gaara presumed because he knew that he would be having a tough job beating two Jinchuuriki who are in near-complete power of their Biju.

"On your way?" Fuu asked incredulously. "On your way?" She repeated. "On your way?" She spat.

The man tilted his head to the side. "Is there a problem?"

Gaara eyed Fuu. "Fuu, calm down." He warned.

Fuu discarded his warning. "Who the fuck do you think you are? You knocked out the most powerful one of us – the Kyuubi Jinchuuriki – and now think that you can just leave without a fight?"

'Fuu, I have a bad feeling about this person. Stop.' Gaara tried to warn her in their mental link but she ignored him again.

The person just grinned. "Who I am?" Fuu nodded furiously. "I am the snake-sannin, Orochimaru."

There was silence until Fuu just sighed, 'Oh no.' She told Gaara.

'Didn't I tell you?! You were about to pick a fight with a sannin!' Gaara yelled.

'...' Fuu rolled her eyes. 'That... would not be my fault.'

'YES IT WOULD!'

"Anyway, I don't want to hurt the Jinchuuriki of the Biju, so as I said before, where is the young Uchiha?" Orochimaru hissed.

Gaara stared at him and then at Fuu. He knew that he couldn't fight Orochimaru, perhaps with Fuu by his side they could give him a run for his money, but they couldn't beat him. They were still kids.

But one thing bothered Gaara.

"Can't you just track him by his chakra?" Gaara asked with a raised non-eyebrow.

Fuu seemed to agree with him when she nodded slowly.

"It seems I cannot." Orochimaru stated. "There seems to be a seal so no one would be able to track his chakra is placed on him. This seal is also on his little pink-haired teammate, and the Kyuubi Jinchuuriki."

Realisation seemed to hit Fuu and Gaara as they listened to the Sannin's words.

A Seal.

And who is a seal-master amongst the group?

None other than Uzumaki-Namikaze Naruto.

Gaara glanced at the area that Naruto was lying on, and noticed that he was gone completely. Probably slipped away concealing his chakra with the seal so that he could go find Sasuke and Sakura.

'Clever Naruto, very clever.' Gaara thought to himself.

Fuu shrugged and turned to the sand-user, "Have you seen the Uchiha kid?"

Gaara stared at her for a bit, "No." Then he turned back to Orochimaru. "I apologise, I haven't seen him. I'm not on Konoha's side, the Sand and Sound are planning to attack Konoha after all." He said, knowing that Orochimaru knew, seeing that he was pretending to be the Kazekage.

Orochimaru nodded, "Ah. So you are not helping the Konoha ninja?"

"No."

"Then," The snake continued. "Would you like to aid the Sound in their future plans? I could do well with two strong Jinchuuriki such as yourselves."

'He wants us so that he can take our power and experiment on us.' Fuu told Gaara in their mental link.

'Politely decline, he must not know that we are aware of anything.' Gaara told her, his mind flying at the possibilities of what would happen if they were caught.

"Sorry, thanks for the offer but I have my own plans to fulfil." Fuu said, clenching her fist.

Gaara nodded in agreement.

Orochimaru grinned, "You will soon change your minds, I am sure of it."

'I doubt it.'

~*~*~

Once Orochimaru had gone, Fuu and Gaara had split up instantly to go and look for Naruto and his team.

Eventually, they had found him shirtless and sitting next to his unconscious teammates drinking some water that he found from the nearby river. All he gave in return of their glares was a cheeky grin.

"Are you okay?" Fuu asked as she knelt down to look over Naruto.

The said blonde raised his eyebrow, "Do I look okay?"

The two Jinchuuriki's took this time to examine Naruto's appearance. Aside from his messed up (even more so) hair and calloused hands, the blonde had a cut under his right eye which also went across one of his whiskers and an ugly purple bruise on his left shoulder which was only able to be seen since he lay his turtle-necked black ANBU-style shirt on the ground. He also had scrapes and scratches on his back due to his previous encounter with the tree. Stupid fucking tree.

"You can deal with it." Gaara told him.

Naruto raised an eyebrow and tossed him the half-filled water bottle. "Thanks for the concern."

"My pleasure." Gaara nodded.

Fuu pursed her lips. "Boys."

"Hm?"

She sighed. "We had a run in with Orochimaru of the Sannin."

Naruto nodded. "Yes, yes we did."

"And we survived." Gaara finished.

The blonde watched as Gaara took a gulp of the water. "We didn't fight."

"No, we didn't." Fuu muttered.

There was a moment of silence in which Gaara and Fuu looked at the ground and frowned at their weakness. They knew that they couldn't go up against a Sannin, but it would have been good if they tried.

"But don't feel bad." Naruto told them. They looked up at the Kyuubi Jinchuuriki who just smiled at them. "Because you protected me and my team either way. I want to thank you for that."

It was like he radiated sunlight, because Gaara and Fuu felt better by just staring at his tanned, whiskered and smiling face. He knew how to make them feel better, by just using his words.

Even though he was sitting down and they were standing, they could feel his powerful aura coming off him, but it felt warm and welcoming – to them anyway.

Gaara gave a rare smile and thought.

This is why Naruto was chosen.

This is why he was chosen by the other Jinchuuriki.

'To be the leader of the Jinchuuriki Alliance.'

_______________________________________________

Sorry for the shortness of this, but I thought it would be a good place to just stop the chapter.

Thanks to all that congratulated me on my birthday and supporters!

Shoutouts to:

SparrowOfTheBlock101

Apple12350

rakat14

nataliega12

AriseopYang