I laughed along with him. He seemed so gentle, so timid, and I couldn't help but feel awful for him. We all just want to connect with people, but David had two hundred pounds of reasons why people would reconsider. He sort of reminded me of the Rock but scarier.

"I'll see you around, Rhia." David handed my phone back, leaving soon after.

I turned around to head back to the table and nearly spilled my drink all over Hannah, "Shit, where did you come from?"

"Who was that?" Hannah gave me a confused smile.

"I ran into him. Not really sure who he is."

Hannah placed her hands on my arms and rubbed them as if she thought I was cold. Then, she took my hand in hers and lead us back to the table. Vince immediately grabbed my drink out of my hand and nearly knocked the whole thing over.

"You don't drink!" He reminded me like I somehow forgot.

"It's not alcoholic. Don't take things out of my hands." I reached my hand out to take back what belonged to me.

Vince handed it back and mumbled a sorry, which I ignored. I wasn't sure what kind of damn headspace he was in but there was no way I was going to let him trample over me. He was being ridiculous lately and I hated it more than anything.

I didn't know where the sudden change came from. One moment he was someone I actually wanted to spend time with and the next he was being overbearing and made me want to pull my hair out. I sat down in the booth and ate my food without any more trouble.

My phone buzzed and I picked it up, but not before Vince had become nosey enough to read it, "Who is David?"

"Who are you, Vince?"

I probably didn't mean to say that so harshly, but I think I needed an answer.

"I'm sorry I've been on edge. I've had some family issues recently and I didn't mean to let it get into other aspects of my life," Vince said quietly.

"Is everything okay?" Hannah asked, reaching across the table to put her hand on his.

"My sister was in a fight in school and they suspended her even though she was unconscious when the person attacked her." Vince balled his hands into fists.

"Unconscious?" Hannah asked carefully.

Vince relaxed and his face grew sad, "My sister has seizures sometimes. Usually they aren't an issue, but I guess the person that attacked her did it when she was seizing."

"How old is your sister Vince?" I asked.

"She's only sixteen."

I felt rage course through my veins like I had only ever experienced once before, "She's just a kid."

Vince nodded. He pulled up a picture of them together on his phone and showed us. His sister was so much smaller than he was, and in the photo she was reaching to get the phone like it was hers and he had taken it but he was too tall for her to get it back.

Vince's eyes glossed over as he looked at his sister. I wished I had someone that could love me as much as he loved his family. Vince's face was back up soon enough and any evidence he was hurt at all was gone. I guess men were sexier when they didn't have emotions in the eye of the public, and Vince was someone watched pretty closely.

I didn't understand it, but that's because I know it's human to have feelings and I think anyone that doesn't comes off like a robot. I couldn't imagine hiding my feelings, ignoring my humanity, just so people wouldn't think any differently of me.

"I can't imagine what it would be like to have a sister, but I do know how it feels when your sibling gets hurt. Let us help in any way we can." I copied Hannah and touched his hand.

I completely understood how he was acting now. He couldn't protect his sister because he was so far away and now he was attached to my hip because I was someone he could protect. I was sure I wasn't helping him feel better because I had been nothing but an ass, but I felt bad.

"I want to see her, but it's not like I'm supposed to, being a pornstar and all," Vince laughed humorlessly.

"Your family won't let you see her?" Hannah asked.

Vince shook his head no, "They think I'd be a bad influence."

"I think you're the only influence she needs. It should be her choice who she sees," I said, aggravation seeping from my pores.

Vince had a far away look in his eyes and I didn't want to pull him back in too soon. It was difficult to imagine being separated from someone I loved. I was too much of a fighter to let that happen, and I think Vince is too.

"It's not her choice, and apparently it's not mine. I'm not supposed to see her," Vince sighed, "I've tried."

I squeezed his hand before I spoke up, "Screw that. Let's meet the family."