"She's seen better days, I suppose. Believe me, I'd have her shining again...if only I had the time." he sighed as we came to a stop by the villa's entrance. Though we didn't walk inside, I managed to take a peak from where I stood. Much to my surprise, the villa was actually a stark contrast with the outside! Pristine ivory walls stood high and strong. There were a lot of empty spaces for paintings. Guess at some point, these used to be occupied. "Now that you have had the tour, nipote, you should go and outfit yourself. My men in the market are expecting you. Return here when you're finished, and we'll begin."

Ezio and I exchanged confused glances, but he was the one to talk first. "Begin? Begin what?"

"I thought you'd come here to train?" Mario asked back in surprise.

"No, uncle. I came here to escape Firenze. And I intend to take my family further still." Ezio replied, looking back at his mother and sister.

"But what about your father? He'd want you to finish his work." Mario replied, his gaze never leaving his nephew's. Fuck. Mario didn't know that Ezio was completely oblivious to his Assassin heritage.

"What work? My father was a banker." Ezio shook his head.

"Wait... He did not tell you?" Mario asked yet again. Ezio seemed to be lost in front of so many different questions.

"I have no idea what you're talking about..."Ezio replied with a sigh, shaking his head. Ohh boy, was there going to be a lot of explaining to do...

"Ma che mi combini (What were you thinking), Giovanni..." Mario muttered under his breath, resting a hand on his forehead. "Where to even begin... go and fetch the gear in the market. It will give me time to think. Some spending money, should you need it. And if you find yourself in need of rest, I've prepared a room for you on the top floor of the villa."

Ezio was about to protest, but I rested a hand on his arm reassuringly. "Trust him, Ezio. I need to talk to your uncle anyways, so... Come meet us here later, okay?"

"Bene (Alright)... take care of them for me." he softly pleaded before he ran away and down the stairs. I could only nod, not having had the time to properly reply to him. Claudia and Maria proceeded to walk inside the villa and up the stairs, slowly, exploring the place. Only Mario and I remained outside.

I watched as he sighed softly, rubbing the back of his neck. "Messer Auditore, I-"

"Please, mia cara (my dear). Just Mario." he shook his head, cracking a smile.

"Mario..." I couldn't help but smile a well. I put my bag down onto the ground and opened it, grabbing the letter that Paola had given me just before leaving the brothel. I placed my bag over my shoulder once more before holding the letter out to him. "Paola from la Rosa Colta asked of me to hand this to you. She was a wonderful and generous host."

"Ahh, Paola." he nodded in acknowledgment and proceeded to open the letter. He studied its contents for a few moments, and I could only stare as his slight smile completely disappeared from his face. I could feel his intense gaze on me as he placed the letter back in its envelope. "Come with me, girl. We will go to my office."