Chapter 9

Meg POV

I stood wide eyed at the new girl that just climbed into the treehouse. I turned to look at Pan and he had a cold look on his face.

"Pan," I clasped my hands together, "who's your friend?"

"She's not my friend." He snapped.

I looked over at the tall tan girl with black hair standing at the latch.
She smiled at me and flipped her hair. Her blue t-shirt was ripped by the waist, and her light washed blue jeans were covered with sand. Some of it fell on the ground, and I knew I would have to sweep it up later.

"So.." I winced at her, "what is your name?"

She dusted some of the sand off her jeans. More sand fell to the ground and I cringed. Something about this girl feels mysterious and almost like she is part of something.
"My name's Jasmine." She placed one of her hands on her hip.

Jasmine.

"So what are you doing here?" I asked. I wanted this girl to leave ASAP.

"Well me and my boyfriend were about to take a ride, but then this random portal opened and I fell through." She sighed.

"Who's your boyfriend?" My girl instincts shown through.

"He is a prince!" She looked at Pan. "I see that you didn't manage to get one."

Ok this girl has a problem.

"O-k!" I mocked.

"He is! Prince Ali to be exact!" She stuck her nose up.

I froze.

"What is his real name?" I asked suspiciously.

"Aladdin." Jasmine answered.

Emma POV

I walked into the lobby of my apartment. I noticed our doorman behind a counter reading an "Interior Rug Design" magazine.

"Hey!" I called to him. He shot up immediately and came over to me.
"Yes ma'am?" He straightened up in front of me.

"I need you to deliver something for me." I stuck out my arm and slightly shook the paper in my hand.

"Okkayy....." He said obviously creeped out.

"It's ok. Just give this to Mr. Gold down at the pawn shop please." I pleaded.

"Sure thing Mrs. Swan." He bowed slightly and took the paper with his white glove.

I noticed that he wasn't wearing a name tag. "Thanks Mr...." I stopped and gestured at him.

"Aladdin. Call me Aladdin." He smiled.

---•---

Meg POV

Jasmine was rocking in my hammock.

I was sitting with Pan at our small table in the corner of the treehouse near the small kitchen.

"When can she leave?" I whispered to him not taking my eyes off Jasmine.

She had her head down and her arms at her side.

"The sooner the better." He whispered back.

"I agree." I said and scooted my chair closer to Pan. He rested his hand on my shoulder and kissed the top of my head.

Jasmine finally looked up with tears in her eyes.

"What's wrong?" I asked. Pan squeezed my shoulder and pulled his arm back to his side.

"I miss my home." She sighed. "I miss my boyfriend, and I miss my father." Jasmine sniffed.

"Hey...you will get home!" I cheered.

"How do you know?" She asked.
I thought deeply about how I was going to get Jasmine home. Then I remembered how my mother mentioned that her magic got her to Neverland.

If my mother has magic, I thought, then who says I don't have magic also?

"Pan.." I whispered.
"What?" He whispered and leaned up to here me.

"I think I can get her home." I said.
"How?" He asked. I faced Jasmine and cleared my throat.

"I think I can open a portal and get you home!" I cheered.

"Really? But....how?" Jasmine gasped.

"Well...my mother and father came here a week ago. Mother said she used her magic to open a portal. I think I can do the same."

"That's great!" Jasmine jumped up off the hammock and ran over to me. I felt her arms wrap around my body. I looked over at Pan and he looked as shocked as I did. This snotty girl was showing me compassion? Interesting.

"Yea it is.." I trailed off.
Jasmine got the message. "Sorry!"

She sighed and straightened up her shirt.

"It's ok I know how you feel." I rested my hand on her shoulder.

Jasmine looked up at me and smiled. "Really?"

"Yea!" I reassured her. "When I first came here, I was lost too. But then I found Pan....." I looked over at Pan and smiled. He smiled back his adorable smile. "and I felt a lot more at home."

"Awww isn't that sweet." Jasmine mocked in a snotty tone.

"Wow you were nice for like what...2 minutes? Is that a new record?" Pan snapped.

"Pan!" I whipped around to face him.

"What? She is a brat!" He threw his hand up and pointed at Jasmine.

"Sor-ry if I feel a little moody after what I just went through!" Jasmine defended herself. She stormed over to the latch and opened it. I saw her head disappear as she climbed down the ladder.

"Look what you did!" I snapped at Pan.

"Look....I have had enough of that girl! She came on my island and act like she owned it!" He exclaimed.

I steamed and shot a glare at him. "But look what she's been through! She's only trying to defend herself!"

"Your sounding like your on her side!" Pan flung his arms up.

My face was hot and my palms were sweaty. I clinched my fist in frustration. I looked at Pan dead in the eyes and I saw them soften. That made my fist un-do. I slowly started walked over to Pan and rested my head on his chest.

"I'm sorry I yelled at you." I sighed.

"I'm sorry too." Pan pushed my shoulders back until I looked into his eyes. He leaned in and gave me a small kiss on my check.

"Let's go find that brat." He said and I smiled.