Chapter Twenty-Two

×Fayleen's Pov×

-

"Ugh... Why is Pittsburgh so far away?" I complained.

"You were the one who suggested that we go see your dad" Ricky said.

"I know... But I feel so guilty not talking to him for so long, if he hates me, he should at least know that he has a granddaughter" I sighed.

"Yeah... But how come you haven't talked to him in so long?" He asked.

"Well, when I was nineteen, my parents got divorced and I was pissed at my dad because after twenty-five years of marriage, he pushed divorce papers at my mom and made her sign them and said he was cheating on her for eight years and had proposed to the lady he was cheating on my mom with, and wanted to wait for both me and Angelo to be out of the house before he divorced mom, Angelo of course just accepted it and went on with his life, I sat in my room for a month, crying because I didn't want my mom and dad to not be married" I explained.

"Oh... I'm sorry to hear that..." He said. I nodded and turned up the radio, my favorite song, Changing by Saosin was playing and I softly sang along.

-

We just pulled up into my dad's driveway, I retrieved the address from Angelo, because unlike me, he visits our dad quite frequently.

Ricky, Ashtyn and I got out of the car and rang the doorbell. A few seconds later, my dad answered. He has barely aged since the last I saw him.

"Fayleen, is that you?" Dad asked.

"Yeah, dad" I replied.

"Come on in, who are these people who are with you?" He asked as Ricky, Ash and I.

"The boy is my fiance, Ricky, and the girl is our three year old daughter, Ashtyn" I said.

"You two had a kid and you're not married?" He asked.

"Yes..." I said.

"Fayleen, I didn't want that for you but I'm happy. How long have you two been together?" He asked.

"Well, we've been on and off since about 2006, we broke up in 2007, then in 2010, I bumped into him again and apparently he was in the same band as Angelo and we started dating for about a year, he proposed at the baby shower when I was pregnant with Ashtyn, then a day after Ashtyn was born, I left and took Ashtyn with me, I don't want to talk about why I left, and then I found Ricky at Warped Tour this summer when I was visiting my boyfriend back then, and me and that boyfriend broke up and Ricky and I started dating again and last night, when we were having a party with his band and their girlfriends after we put Ashtyn to bed and we all got drunk and played truth or dare and his bandmate, Josh dared Ricky to marry me and his other bandmate, Devin, is a minister, but we got married last night and we're making it legal and official tomorrow, so we were wondering if you'd give me away at our wedding tomorrow" I explained.

"Of course princess, is it okay if I bring my wife, Jules?" He asked.

"Not being rude or anything, but isn't she the chick you cheated on mom with?" I asked.

"No, we never got married, Linda cheated on me and then I met Jules and we've been married for three years" he replied.

"Okay, well... In that case, you can bring her" I said.

"Okay, who's all gonna be at the wedding?" He asked.

"Motionless in White and their girlfriends and wife, mom, and Angelo" I said. 

"Okay, you guys wanna stay over for dinner and meet Jules?" He asked.

"Ricky, you okay with that?" I asked.

"Yeah" Ricky said nervously. I think Ricky felt a little bit uncomfortable meeting my dad. My dad may look intimidating but he's a gentle giant... Actually, dad can kick the asses of people who piss him off, so if Ricky says the wrong thing, dad can squash him like a bug, because dad is like six foot four or six foot five, and Ricky is like five foot six or seven... Yeah... If Ricky pisses my dad off, he's goner.

"Son, no need to be nervous, I may not have talked to my daughter since her mother and I divorced, but I'm not going to hurt you unless you hurt my little girl. I may look intimidating with all these tattoos and how buff and tall I am, but I'm really just a big teddy bear that's mostly bark and mostly no bite" dad assured Ricky.

"Alright, sir" Ricky said quietly.

"Rick, you can call me John" dad replied.

"How'd you two meet? I remember Fayleen's mother going off about Fayleen bringing home a devil worshipping, Gothic punk that was just like Angelo" he asked.

"Myspace, and I was that Gothic punk" Ricky replied.

"Son, you don't look all that bad, but then again, I'm more open minded than her mother" dad said as somebody walked through the door.

"Honey! I'm home!" A female's voice boomed through the house.

"In the den, Jules!" Dad yelled. Jules, dad's wife walked to the den and sat in one of the recliners.

"Who are these people?" Jules asked.

"You know how I have a son, Angelo, well, I also have a daughter, this  is Fayleen, that's Ricky, her fiance, and that's their three year old daughter, Ashtyn" dad said.

"Oh. Nice to meet you guys, John never mentioned that he had another child" she stated, glaring at dad.

"Well, when I divorced her mother, as far as Fayleen was concerned, I didn't exist and she sat in her room and cried for a month, and came to tell me that she's getting married tomorrow" he said.

"They look too young to have a child, let alone a three year old, how old are they?" She asked.

"I'm twenty-four, Ricky is twenty-six" I told her.

"What took you guys so long to finally decide to tie the knot?" She asked.

"Well, we were engaged before Ashtyn was born but a day after Ashtyn was born, I left for reasons I prefer to not talk about, and we got back together this summer, and now we're definitely sure that we're in love with each other and want to spend the rest of our lives together" I said.

"How long have you two been together?" She asked.

"We've been on and off since 2006" I said.

"Honey, they invited us to their wedding, tomorrow" dad said.

"John, you know I have work tomorrow, and we need to go to Katie's graduation from cosmetology school-" she said before dad cut her off.

"Juliana, I haven't seen my little girl in five years, I'm going to her wedding whether you like it or not" he said.

"Johnathan, my daughter is more important than yours, unlike yours, mine actually tries to be in her family's lives" she said.

"Julia, don't be nasty" he scolded.

"If you go to her wedding, you can consider this marriage done" she spat.

"Fine, I'll stay, sorry that I care about my kids" he said, shooting me an apologetic look.

This went great...